This is true. Here is a video detailing the problem.
This is a scenario with player 2 as Post-Imperial portuguese.
Look how the Hand Cannoneer managed to score some hits (they have low accuracy afaik). But the Bombard Cannons and Cannon Galleons only managed to score hits when the unit turned around on their patrol routine (so the damage was only because the unit returned to the point where the shot landed).
Then I tested with player 2 as magyars. The hand cannoners never managed to score a hit.
So yes, the portuguese really need
to have their cannons fixed somehow.
This is the post edited for a correct bug report:
Operating System: Windows 10
Portuguese Arquebus tech does not provide the advertised effect (
gunpowder units hit moving targets Ballistic for Gunpowder units) to Cannon Galleons and Bombard Cannons (I’ll include Bombard Towers as well). The “bullets” travel too slow to effectively hit a moving target The portuguese unit does not correctly predict where the moving enemy unit will be (if they are fast like cavalry, monks are affected because splash damage) and the shot of the cannon always miss (the “bullet” hits “behind” the target).
- Start a match with one player as portuguese and research Arquebus
- Create/Build Bombard Cannons, Cannon Galleons and Bombard Towers
- Make an enemy unit move inside the unit/building range and make it move perpendicular to the portuguese unit
- Look how they don’t hit the moving target.
- There is no need to game files on this case
IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS
The units only managed to
hit do damage when the enemy unit turned around on their patrol edges