Art of War crashes

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Update 90260
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Select any Art of War training example. After the introduction has finished or has been skipped the game crashes after a second or two. This occurs with any of the advanced missions - not the basic ones.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time - whether in full screen or windowed mode. Otherwise the game runs perfectly and so far has never crashed on me!

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Launch AOE II (full screen or windowed - makes no difference)
  2. Click Learn to Play
  3. Click Advanced Techniques
  4. Click any of the missions
  5. Wait for end of introduction video or press Skip
  6. The game screen appears for a second of two and then the game crashes

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The mission continues

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hi @mickekers
The team is already tracking an issue where these videos can crash depending on your GPU. May I ask you what GPU are you using? Thank you!

Sure - it is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super.
My display is 1920 x 1080 60Hz 8 bit RGB Standard dynamic range

This is happening to me too, exactly as reported. My GPU is: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti

I’m also same Game Build, Platform, and OS.

Same
Windows 11
RTX 4080
3440 x 1440
1440Hz 8 bit RGB Standard dynamic range

It crashes for me every time I try to start a scenario. Using RTX 4090 - fully updated.

1 Like

I talked with the team again about this issue, sorry for the inconveniences.