Attack Move mechanic is very buggy

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: V. 100.12.5208.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Attack Move is very buggy when the selected unit count is more (estimated lower limit - 15). This was not the case in the old AOE 3, in fact, I found the mechanic to be quite satisfactory over there. It worked fluently atleast for ranged units, melee units however were full of issues when commanded to perform an attack move but that was something I could live with.
However in the DE version, it seems that the attack move mechanic has taken a step backward rather than forward. Many times instead of seeking the next nearest unit, most units instead start “twitching violently” in place. I have shared a video grab of this phenomenon for a better understanding.
This usually happens with ranged units. I am always forced to use the attack move again in order to get my units back to normal (sometimes that doesn’t work either).
Please optimize this mechanic, I depend a lot on it.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Select an army size of over 15. Make sure they are ranged units.
  2. Find an enemy army and use attack move on them.
  3. See the resulting behavior of the units.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The normal attack move behavior I see from ranged units in the old AOE 3 game. Irrespective of their position in the army layout, each unit would actively try to engage an enemy unit closest to it and not go crazy instead.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

Units from the 2nd row onwards start acting crazy. They just “twitch violently” in place and end up not engaging the nearest enemy at all.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

Screen Recording of the buggy behavior

3 Likes