Attack Move/ Patrol Bug

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.62085.0 8752729
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Select a groupe of unit
Right click far away to make them move
Then “Attack Move” in the midddle of your selected unit
Units will ignore “Attack Move”, and continue the Move action, ingnoring ennemies
Expected behaviour is they should stop moving and attacking, because I set the attack move command in the middle of the group, they should take that as new destination, instead of ignoring it

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
100% if attack move is set right in the middle of the group

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!Select a groupe of unit
Right click far away to make them move
Then “Attack Move” in the midddle of your selected unit
Units will ignore “Attack Move”, and continue the Move action, ingnoring ennemies

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Expected behaviour is they should stop moving and attacking, because I set the attack move command in the middle of the group, they should take that as new destination, instead of ignoring it

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

2 Likes

I think they changed the behavior before the dlc release

I know this bug since January atleast

yeap they introduced this behavior in January.
not sure if it was not intended

Hey guys!

Thanks for the report, we are now tracking this issue!

While this is admittedly a bug, why would you want to order attack move in the middle of your selected units? With the new attack move behaviour, there is a slight delay when they are still moving. Wouldn’t you want that movement to be in the continued direction and not idle movement to current position where they are likely more exposed and vulnerable than if they were still moving in some direction?

I don’t understand what you mean, even with new attack move you still have to right click between shot to make them move ( even if they may walk a bit before shooting )
Why clicking on my own units ? When you are in an ennemy base sometines you can’t click more than 1 tiles away because of all the building, if you click far away they might take a bad path, or reroup (going in formation in a long line instead of a large one), so that’s not how I micro usually
Yes continue the movement in the direction you are saying is correct, but that’s not the problem here
They are totally ignoring the Attack move order, and they stay in Move order, so they will just walk into ennemy archers, so no i don’t want that

3 Likes

it would show more clearer in your video if you were to use mouse cursor, clicking on the button/icon to show that it was not listening to your command.

watching the video on mute, I had no idea you were pressing the key for attack move or stop until I unmuted the video.

if this is fixed this would be awesome. some units i’d have to press stop or hold and issue a new command which is tiring. hopefully this would fix that

1 Like

The latest update reintroduced this bug.

No, they didn’t reintroduced it, I’m 100% sure it was never fixed :wink:

Have the same problem right now!!!

Units seem to prioritize the “go to/move towards X spot” command over “attack move”, which should never be the case with any command, actually, unless the Shift key is being held while assigning tasks.

oh wait, this bugs back again? or was it never fixed yet