ATTENTION - Don't create a new thread when a similar one is posted please!

There are multiple threads already out there you can post in that are the same SUBJECT. You want to talk about the days of old and meet some old friends, name the age you first played, talk about that first AOE experience as a child? Want to discuss the changes you would like to see in this new AOE DE version? Please post in the topics that are already created or advise us on topic headers you would like to see,

Thank you
Wulf

Ditto. Invoking thoughts should be welcome to build from this small community. #Cartman

Plus we mods don’t yet have the ability to merge similar threads. So we are left to some less civilized methods.

@“Andy P” said:
Plus we mods don’t yet have the ability to merge similar threads. So we are left to some less civilized methods.
Yeah, these forums are fairly archaic in features. haha

We are moving all suggestions and questions to a topic header and all those looking for old players and remember whens also…so don’t panic…everything is there…just trying to clear some out of gen dis

@colby06 said:
Ditto. Invoking thoughts should be welcome to build from this small community. #Cartman

5 pages of mass confusion…no one can find anything…topics do better when all similar thinking threads are joined to a degree…to have 40 threads asking the same question is just madness…we are just trying to make the forum a nice place…not just a mass of mess.

How about all you guys…letting us know what TOPIC HEADERS as a sub under AOE DE you would like to see…then we can go from there? To help get some organization in this place so we can all find what we need?

We are thinking a FAQ section…tips and tricks (more important when game is up) anything else…post it here for consideration please…thanks

How about simply General Discussion and Help forums? FAQ could be a pinned thread in General Discussion and surely there only needs to be one nostalgia thread.

I presume there will be closed beta forums and most players once invited to play will post feedback and suggestions for the game to the private forums.

Many people are creating new topics with all the same information/questions, e.g. “farming”.

Maybe you could create “Master Threads” for such hot topics and force all the posts about it
into this master thread?

Agreed only one Nostalgia thread…but only one general discussion and a help is a bit slim IMO…guess we will have to see what topics crop up…to better serve the many…143,000 views today…lol - was over 120 threads in gen disc and 40% were similar lol – everyone wants to be on their own topic…but that doesn’t really inspire much sharing of communication and info.

Thanks to you and Chuggles and Andy for pulling double duty modding two forums.

@Traders51 said:
Thanks to you and Chuggles and Andy for pulling double duty modding two forums.

Someone owes me a drink lol…actually make it a double :confused:

ok we have moved A LOT of threads…for right now…either to Questions & Suggestions or Remember When…both are open to posting…and thank you for being patient while we sorted some of these threads from general discussion. The count on those topics don’t show that they are there…but they are. It only counts new posts evidently.

If you are missing a thread…it can only be in 3 places for now lol…could not leave links to each move…would take up way too much room and time.

Thanks for the patience
Have fun

Little question: Can we have an international forum? I mean, a category for every non-english speakers, where they can discuss anything (related to suggestion and ideas) related to the game. I know it sounds silly but I have already seen several spanish speakers (like me :smile:) in just one topic and I’m glad they will contribute more to the future steps of Insider program if they can share with others using their native language.

@KingDarBoja said:
Little question: Can we have an international forum? I mean, a category for every non-english speakers, where they can discuss anything (related to suggestion and ideas) related to the game. I know it sounds silly but I have already seen several spanish speakers (like me :smile:) in just one topic and I’m glad they will contribute more to the future steps of Insider program if they can share with others using their native language.

One for each language? And how many forums would that be? Who would decide which international language gets one and which one don’t? Btw it is not silly, just don’t know if it is possible.

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

One for each language? And how many forums would that be? Who would decide which international language gets one and which one don’t? Btw it is not silly, just don’t know if it is possible.

I think he means a single forum for all other languages, but I don’t think it makes much sense if there are 20 languages mixed in one forum so I would let it be as it is.

LOL, 20 languages in one forum :smiley:

In this way we learn new languages :wink:

@KingDarBoja said:
Can we have an international forum?

As least back during the Age of Empires Online days, we used to support a handful of languages. There was at least one professional moderator for every forum, all major announcements were translated, etc. I believe for cost reasons, MS scaled it down to simply English.

Technically, under the forum rules, we are supposed to speak English here, but as auto translating programs have improved so quickly, we volunteer mods do our absolute best to be flexible. To that extent, insofar as anyone requests our help with non-English language messages (the most common is when players are harassing each other in posts or in private messages), please understand that we are just volunteers with super limited language skills and cultural expertise. So please explain to us what is going on as simply as you can so we can try to translate everything and help.

But please feel welcome here to start threads in your favorite language. If you post in a thread that uses a different language than the language you post in, please consider copying an auto translated version of your post right next to your original post.

Thanks so much.

Thank you ! Merci ! :smile:

Just a heads up, us moderators can finally merge topics (we started with all those Beta sign up help threads lol)

But it’s always a better option to find a relevant topic of discussion to post questions on. And if you can’t find one, THEN by all means make one :slight_smile: