August PUP - Update 66692 Aug 29

the size of the buff civs like Incas and Italians need is minor. Malay you have to be careful because they are already very solid on arena.

1 Like

Same with Portuguese. We have to wait and see how they perform after the patch. I may want another patch b4 RBW but logically it is not happening until mid November for sure.

Portuguese are A tier at best on Arena, whereas Malay are literally S tier.

Yeah in 1v1. Opposite in TG. Portuguese is top 5 now in Arena TG. Balancing Portuguese is not tricky compared to Malay though. OG needs a nerf and Portuguese land options need to be buffed. For Malay, we really need to think out of box.

2 Likes

People who can’t defend vs double castle organ guns need a buff, organs guns dont need a nerf.

6 Likes

Then Portuguese needs to be tweaked in a way that double castle OG is hard to achieve in Arena but somehow Portuguese is good in Arabia.

1 Like

It’s always the clowns of TG Arena. First Khmer, then Burmese, then Koreans and now they’re after Portuguese 11

4 Likes

They are after Turks+Poles more though.

3 Likes

Yes and don’t forget Saracens CA

2 Likes

After the semi-finals T90 TL Arena games between the Turks and Bohemians I could tell that those civs are the new Kings of Arena
With good micro I think Turks are better

1 Like

For Archers is really good; for Infantry is great, the problem is that to kill Infantry you usually use numbers or archers, not counters. For Cavalry is extremely good and for Siege is OP broken
My proposal is keeping the bonus to 50% but reduce to 33% for Cavalry

1 Like

Bohemians used to be the new King. But after monastery discount removed, I think Turks is the King.

At least they don’t want same old Franks+Britons on TG Arabia for almost half decade. This is actually good to some extent.

A friendly reminder that the disgusting korean WW meta isn’t exclusive from arena, it is widely used and abused on nomad for high level users as they are the best at exploiting broken units, cheers.

1 Like

Thinking about Saracens now.

These 2 civs and Italians depend on fast Castle xbow power spike so much that one can argue they depend on it more than some other archer civs.

Another is Byzantines. Fast Imp arbalester is their strongest push.

1 Like

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it is OP.
Yes Koreans have War Wagons and War Wagons are strong. But Koreans have basically nothing else except their Villager Bonuse for

That’s, what makes Koreans so strong there for the most part.

Yes Castle Drop into UU is kinda strong strat on Nomad, but let’s just pretend UUs like Organ Guns, Conqs or Jans don’t exist

Why does nobody complain how “disgusting” they are?

3 Likes

People that complain how “disgusting” WW is, usually also complain how “disgusting” OG and Janissary are. Conqs is an exception as Spanish is average in Arena.

WW nerf is wrong direction. They need to reduce or remove their attack bonus vs building instead.

4 Likes

Yes if they really want to nerf OG then maybe the reduce or remove the damage by the additional projectiles vs building, but not vs unit

2 Likes

When will this update be released?

Maybe today? <20 chars>

Don’t think so
I guess it will be released next week, after the golden league finals

2 Likes