August PUP - Update 66692 Aug 29

Man I hate when people try to claim the victims role.
There are realy victims out there that have serious problems with the way they are exploited or discarded by the system. And then come these people that play victim all the time when they aren’t.

3 Likes

And other 2 will suck for one more year I guess. On top of that both have the tag of “Naval civ” which is apparently a very hard obstacle to overcome in (open) land map.

4 Likes

yeah they should have nerfed hauberk to +1/+1 and reduce its cost, and then buff the meme serjeants and donjons, instead of nerfinf their whole military with their main selling point (the reduced damage civ bonus)

I mean the civs you play should do just fine. And after the nerf to bonus damage reduction should be just fine since all paladin (except byzantines and celts) and stirrups cavalier as well as farimba cavalier all win in equal numbers. If you don’t believe me try it out.

1 Like

I think you forgot to click that golden crown symbol in your castle.

Something’s telling me after this archer upgrade nerf, Range techs 50% cheaper as a Civ Bonus is on the line for a new civ in the next DLC.

7 Likes

That sounds very OP with the current meta but it may work

Give the civ no real sco bonus. Koreans arent exactly lighting the world on fire as an example

4 Likes

Extra -1 cav archer armor

2 Likes

Honestly as someone who plays Sicilians as a main civ I’m fine with the nerf I just want the nerfing and buffing to be over for my civ so I can stop adjusting my build orders idc if they are mid tier at best.

1 Like

Imo the best way to “compensate” would be to give sicilians free inf armor.
They were initally classified as an infantry civ and it would fit them perfectly with their serjeants.

5 Likes

That might be a reasonable buff in terms of overall power, but doesn’t really make Donjons less awkward, or Serjeants more viable long term. Trying to buff Sicilians in ways other than addressing the fundamental cost-to-performance deficit of Serjeants and Donjons is what led to Hauberk, but I respect that this is at least an infantry buff.

5 Likes

exactly. save the free armor for some new civ.

4 Likes

Its an interesting buff in that it actually fits thematically with the serjeant auto upgrading

It also helps alleviate the very high elite serjeant tech fee, and if anything helps justify the high cost

Simultaneously it also makes teching into pikes easier , since Sicilians are more reliant on pikes when fighting opposing melee civs that will almost always have better cavalry in varying forms

On the flip side, it makes buffing the serjeant even more complex due to the significantly greater ease into first crusade

If it were going to happen, I think it would mean first crusade would have to have its numbers curbed again, not necessarily because it would be OP, but more likely from the complaints from players (just like the first time it was nerfed)

iaw I don’t think it’s a bad idea, but I think adjusting other stats might be easier to deal with and make for more interesting play

First crusade could be reworked to give serjeants new abilities. Idk, letting them build castles or siege workshops. That may help their viability late game.

I posted in another thread, but What if First Crusade spawn 4 Sarjeant from each Donjon (new and already builded too)?

As I said, imo it is ilogical that sarjeants get spawned from TC instead Donjons…
Of course, could say that is a nerf, but potencially, you could afford +15 donjons. Arabia has 8400 stone. Asuming you just take half, this mean 4200 stone. Asuming you do 2 TCs (-200) and mínimun a castle (-650). At 4 free Sarjeants for each Donjon, you could have up to 60 free Sarjeants in baby steps instead of flat, one-use 35 from TCs.

I don’t like the way FC works because is annoying that Sarjent go to the rally point from TC and usually, rally points are in the opposite direction where you want them.

I have saw games where pro players use FC in a defensive way. I think is more appealing using some donjons for defense and then use FC to get freely a gang of sarjeant instead of forcing 5 TC and then unleash FC.
Applying my idea defensive player should take a decision. Go for full donjon and FC or go for standar castle defence.

Plus, it gives an ofensive utility, because you can push with donjon, but not with TCs…

5 Likes

Completely depends on rest of the civ design.

Why does not First Crusade spam random military units? This is more in line with the spirit of Crusade. My idea is

Skirmisher, Pikeman = 1 point
Champion, Light Cav, Arbalest = 1.5 point
Serjeant = 2 point
Knight= 3 point

Donjon and TC spam 6 point units,
Castle spam 20 point units,
Max point = 100.

For instance, a castle randomly spam 3 Knight, 1 Serjeant, 4 Arbalest, 2 Skirmisher, 1 Pikeman. A donjon or TC spam spam 2 Light Cav, 2 Pikeman, 1 Skirmisher.

In return, First Crusade can be little more expensive like 450f 750g.

And that’s quite ok, they are slightly weaker and still a top-tier. Nerf them more and the game will forever belong to Franks, Mayans, Britons.

They’ve just been nerfed A lot. The civ was fine as they were. B tier on most maps, A tier on some maps and EW. Strong military and military aggression supporting bonuses but no eco bonuses. Now they’d be almost never useful. Wish they did this change by adding a corresponding buff. Atleast for the Donjon play or some form of useful eco bonus.

Ya both of them will be a notch better on Arena but still terribly weak and F tier on Arabia.

This is indeed the most disappointing part. I hope the 3rd anniversary patch comes up with some real and quality nerfs to these civs.

They’re not. Foot archers will just run away and damage your eco elsewhere. If you try to force fight by pushing, they’ll get converted.

It should come in some military form instead of the eco discount. Remember that when they didn’t have any discount, no one could afford those techs in the previous age and they were one of the worst civs in the game. And this was inspite of cheaper flemish rev, more powerful Vineyards and stronger flemish militias.
Imo, stable techs -40% would be a good change.

Actually the 3-4 Op archer civs and the few strong cav civs like Franks need a nerf. The resurgence cav civs like Slavs, Teutons, Bulgarians will become slightly less worse with this change.

Because if you have a strat to play don’t want this kind of randomness in your own movements.
Think if you are facing archers and randomly FC spams mostly pikes… And you spent 450f 750G… insta gg

5 Likes