August PUP - Update 66692 Aug 29

They have been incapable of buffing weak civs properly for a while. Spanish, Burmese, Goths, Bengalis, Dravidians, Malay, Persians etc.

1 Like

To be fair, some of those have maps where they excell and make buffing them problematic.

2 Likes

Why? Anybody complained about WW? 11

Better nerf War Wagons!

I mean it would be ok if they would give WW -2 or -3 CA armor and then bring their cost back to the state they were before the last nerf.

5 Likes

Arena people for a while

3 Likes

Koreans have like a 46 % winrate on closed maps 11

5 Likes

I mean, there was this one person on this forum that whined really loudly about how WW were OP and that Koreans should be nerfed to the ground because of it.

3 Likes

Yes and still those arena guy think that WW is too op and need to be nerfed

2 Likes

Assuming all upgrades are researched, this is the comparison of survivability of old and new EA vs E.Skirmishers

Castle Age
Bengalis 20 vs 30
Dravidians 17 vs 21
Gurjaras 18 vs 23

[All are better than old Bengalis]

Imperial Age
Bengalis 27 vs 40
Dravidians 20 vs 26
Gurjaras 19 vs 24

[Not that much improvement for non-Bengalis EA in Imperial Age]

NGL, Bengalis EA looks like a legit unit now.

4 Likes

What’s the problem with that?
-1 CA armor class won’t make the UU trash, just that skirmishers, camel archers and genitours now are better at countering them (As they must)

Wait so gurjaras eco has been buffed? 11 Because 28 f/min is what you get now and with the changes you could potentially spread them out and get an even higher rate? Doesn’t make any sense to me.

1 Like

Ghulam change is overnerf. With only 55 hp in Castle Age, Ghulam will be countered even by crossbows. I would dare even decreasing to 50/60 hp but I would give 4/7 PA in return.

potentially
 now make 8 mills in dark age and see if it’s worth it 11

5 Likes

Current Ghulam in castle age

• 32.5 shots from crossbows.
  • 21.6 shots from cav archers.

New Ghulam in castle age

• 27.5 shots from crossbows.
  • 18.3 shots from cav archers.

Current Elite Ghulam in Imperial age

• 37.5 shots from arbalest.
  • 25 shots from heavy cavalry archer.

New Elite Ghulam in Imperial age

• 32.5 shots from arbalest.
  • 21.6 shots from heavy cavalry archer.
4 Likes

but there was already mods inthe past with musketeer and golden bombard skin

i think this nerf is fine. the idea is to give extra food slowly but not encouraging player to hold them up forever, to actually use the herdables.

right now some player just keep them in there for A LONG time.

Adding just 1 extra mill is not prohibitive (maybe as you’re aging up) and just that boosts food gen from 28 to 38.
It’s also a useful buff for TGs since if your allies donate a total of 4 sheep, you get 48 Food/min with 2 mills

It’s a buff, not a nerf. Same rate as currently if you put them all in 1 mill, but increased upside for eventually adding more mills.
But yeah, it’s an odd choice to do it that way. I would have preferred a staggered rate by Age, with Dark (and possibly Feudal) slightly weaker than currently, and higher Castle and Imp rates.

2 Likes

I think some of the changes are good. Really like the increased cost for the archer line upgrades, and the Hinudustani nerfs (like seriously, why did they have Halbs when they have some of the best camels in the game). I think the sicilian Nerf its a little too much.

3 Likes

65 hp to 55 hp is too big. It is 15% hp less like 85/101 hp Knight instead of 100/120 hp. I think new Ghulam will get hard time to deal with Crossbows.

i see i misread.
though what are the chances of someone build two mills or more until
 mid castle age? or even keep sheep/cows till that point.

If the Gurjaras sheep bonus is actually sensitive to the amount of sheep garrisoned in the mills, I think that is actually a really interesting bonus. You’re going to be building mills either way, but this way you might be incentivized to make more to spread them out - but likely also leave them more susceptible for raids.

While a buff to Gurjaras in a way, I don’t mind this and I’d rather see a nerf to Gurjaras elsewhere.

1 Like