August PUP

Suggestions for Chinese changes from the Age of Napoleon mod: Allowing the transport of flag army cards can unlock training in the blockhouse. For example, send the Mandarin Duck Array, unlock and train the Mandarin Duck Town units in the blockhouse, send the Beiyang Army, and unlock the Beiyang Army in the blockhouse. I think this change will greatly enrich the diversity of Chinese games.

5 Likes

I donā€™t think there would be a Washington skin since his model is already reused for the default General model

Also, I think itā€™s cool that they changed that one Tupi tech so it actually gives Ebony Archers poison damage, but I wish theyā€™d also completely replace the tech that gives you pet cougars. I also wish theyā€™d finally remove Mayas and Zapotecs from South American maps, as neither Mayas nor Zapotecs ever lived in South America.

Also replace Zapotecs with something else in the Incasā€™ American Allies card, because, again, they never lived in South America.

4 Likes

With the arrival of the new version, Chinaā€™s various cards and economic structure have weakened, and the core gameplay has once again become single. Maybe the strength of the new version is weaker than before the tea export card appeared.
This Chinese civilization lacks enough interest, so that its process is always unitary. This change completely pulls China back to the era of two villages and then ff.

5 Likes

All the china fans are coming out of the woodwork in despair of losing there auto win status.

8 Likes

Blockhouse ā†’ 250 export

Tea export nerf reverted

8 Likes

All they need to do is give the Blockhouse the Castle unit roster instead of the War Academy unit roster.

The problem with it is that you can put it up in transition and start pumping out units without ever having to build a War Academy. If all you can get out of it in age 1 is Flamethrowers and Mongolian Army and you actually need to build a War Academy, then the Blockhouse wonā€™t be so broken.

1 Like

250 export is too expensive for a blockhouse, and it should be 150 export imo.

look at to see Japanā€™s technology that locks the country, why donā€™t you think Japan is an op? Only 100export can be exchanged for barsracks or stable. The normal price is only 200wood. So here is 100export equal to 200wood?

Blockhouse needs 250export? This is obviously unfair, blockhouse costs 250wood. According to the Japanese lock-up calculation, obviously only 125export is needed. lol

1 Like

The opportunity cost for the Blockhouse is way more. You can build it in age 1 and it lets you build basically every unit from one building.

Japanese also have to make things attractive in comparison to the Daimyo who not only trains a greater unit variety, but also buffs them.

Every sane person will be going with Portugal early on as Japan so this option is not even comparable. I think they should scrap the Military Rickshaw shipment and ship a Dojo Rickshaw instead. The consulate could even be made the method of Daimyo re-training and the wonder that does it now could just be a fort.

I have literally only used that military wagon with Japan by misclicking it. The block house allows shipments.

3 Likes

And blockhouse doubles as a outpost also.

The military rickshaw seems borderline useless compared to the other Japanese training options like Daimyos and discounted buildings from Portuguese.

Would it be possible to make them build a Dojo instead? I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen one built in a game and it would be interesting to see them appear occasionally.

6 Likes

Personally I use the military rickshaw occasionally in late age 2 for extra military production potential before I have the influence stacked for bushido principles. It is still one of the best export to immediate resource value techs. Clan offerings is probably the lesser used tech probably only decent in empire wars.

I think that if we think about it, the best building available in the commerce age is the blockhouse, it is an outpost (attack + receives shipments), it allows you to create barrack units and gives you population. (Chinese plus, allows you to create castle flags)

4 Likes

It can also be built from age 1 (I donā€™t know if itā€™s the same for China too). So you control the map before you reach the second age.

Now that they are reworking the Mayans again. Have the holcan warrior attack the buildings with torches and not their spears. They attack buildings with their spears since they were updated.

6 Likes

Javelins are broken in treaty games, 1 pop unit with stats of 2 pop dragoon

3 Likes

I am super furious over the Meteor Hammer nerf, at the imperial level, grabbing my phoneā€¦they had 532 HP (Hussars average 700), they have 64 attack, times 2 against artillery, meaning 128 against artillery, 6.5 movement speed, 40.50% ranged resist. With the nerf, which is entirely unnecessary and actually gives me a stomach ache from reading it, they only do 85.76 damage to artillery. While that is better than a hussar, it does not justify the fact that this unit has only 500ish HP. If they nerf the damage, they should give the meteor hammer at least another 100HP.

My evidence to why this is an unfair change is the Lakota rifle rider has 29 melee attack (on average), times 6 (!?!!?) against artillery. That means, 174 damage. For a unit that has about 450HP, and 6.75 movement speed. That unit should have 0 multiplier against artillery, since the axe rider solves that problem.

1 Like

I hate this update so much. The nerf to the meteor hammer is super unjustified. If youā€™re going to nerf it, please just REMOVE the iron flail and gives its position to the meteor hammer.

A fully leveled up meteor hammer, with Manchu Combat, Double Faced Armor, Western Reforms, and the British consulate allies, has 532HP, 6.5 movement speed, 40.50% ranged resister, 64 attack times 2 against artillery (128) and a laughable 29 siege. They are ultra glass cannons, if youā€™re going to take away from their firepower, give them more durability.

For comparison, fully leveled up Lakota axe rider has 588HP, 6.75, 20% ranged resist, 46 siege attack and a massive 80 attack melee attack. That unit is faster, slightly more durable, and stronger in other matchups than the meteor hammer. I further cite my anger at the existence of the rifle rider, who has about 450HP, is faster than the meteor hammer, has a melee of about 29ā€¦but times 6 against artillery. Meteor hammers do 128, but the rifle rider does 174, thatā€™s crazy. Thatā€™s unfair.

I hope you guys fixed the consulate artillery, which was receiving the incorrect shadow tech upgrades. A Spanish falconet has 370HP, 175 attack, but a Chinese one, which has +10% more for being a consulate unit, +15%HP, +15% attack, then Siege combat, which gives another +15% to HP and attack hasā€¦360HP, 173 attack. ā€œMore.ā€

Also, I see Manchuria is not listed in these notes. You cannot build trading posts on the Tengrists on the Manchuria map, meaning theyā€™re nothing more than a natural element, like the swans in New England or the Turtles in the Great Plains.

I hate this update. Iā€™ve played this game 1,800+ hours and this update has upset me the most. Take away Chinaā€™s tea thing, I donā€™t even use it, take away the goat, thatā€™s fine too, leave the meteor hammer alone, fix the consulate artillery (which also is effecting India and Japan).

The buff to the Maltese sentinel is appreciated though.

Take away the times 6 multiplier for the rifle rider, let the axe rider and lancer do that job.

Oh and why canā€™t the Summer Palace make the Black Flag Army or the Mongolian Army? Is there some ā€œbalanceā€ reason or did you just forget to add it, like how randomly for like 5 months straight, the Chinese fort could train Uhlans, that took forever to be removed lol.

1 Like

you are aware that 532 hp with 41rr is ā€¦ more ranged hp than a 700 hp hussar right?
Also, rifle riders are countered by skirms and goons, they really gotta be good at their jobs. Axe riders are probably the single best heavy cav so its really not a fair comparison either. I would compare to Uhlans, which are the best analogue to meteor hammers. I donā€™t think the nerf was entirely needed, but at the same time those meteor hammers have been an ā€œi winā€ button vs 2 falcs for so many yearsā€¦

ah yes the mitoe armies. they will live on in infamy

2 Likes