August PUP

Disagree on this one. One of the real challenges with Sioux/Lakota is that they have no cannon support. Your infantry are mincemeat to cannons like most are, so you don’t have any way to deal with cannons surrounded by musks/halbs. And it’s worse if you’re trying to push into a defended town and they’re spamming falconets, hiding them behind walls of buildings. The only way you gain any sort of upper hand is if you aggressively micro your cavalry to kill cannons while your melee cav are being snared, shredded, pathing poorly, etc. You really do need something ranged that can get to those things and equalize the fight.

China has a LOT more tools for dealing with this problem, including their hand mortars and flying crows on top of the meteor hammers. I agree the Meteor Hammer nerf was unnecessary, but I don’t think the Rifle Riders need to be nerfed either.

1 Like

Ok, I feel dumb, what’s a goon? In this case, specifically, is it for dragoons? I am assuming.

And you think the axe rider is a top tier cavalry unit? Really? I know it’s good, but idk if it’s that good. And the range resist…I don’t think it really adds that much to meteor hammer’s durability. I mean it does, factually, but 700ish hitpoints range…idk, I don’t agree with that. They are still very easy to kill. They’re actually more akin to a Uhlan, as you’ve stated very accurately. But better, the Uhlan is trash, I hate that unit.

And you’re gonna have to explain to me what vs 2 falcs is too, you mean falconets?

I guess my greatest anger comes from one formation I see almost 100% of the time I fight Portugal, 20 dragoons, 10-15 horse artillery, aided by cassadors. I have lost entire squads of meteor hammers to the artillery alone. I hate it. I remember, I had 20 iron flails, 20 meteor hammers, and like 15 changdao and arquebusiers. I lost almost all my cavalry, the only units remaining were the arquebusiers, who chased off the dragoons. Of the horse artillery, I think they still had 7 left, and I had to send in my reserve of steppe riders and keshiks. They finished it, but I was super shocked. That was against the extreme AI setting for Portugal too, that wasn’t even a human.

I just think the reduction to a bonus 1/3rd damage is unnecessary. They still haven’t addressed the African javelin riders, who I think, in a treaty game, become a literal victory button. There’s a point where they can reach a critical mass that is invincible, because they’re good in melee, good against artillery, good against musketeers, and cost only 1 population slot. If they cost 2, that’d be fine. It is especially egregious with the Hausa, who had the 1 pop raider too. That’s just gonzo.

Personally, I have seen the game become less balanced since the African DLC, and especially with this new European one. The Mexicans are still strong, I would say they’re top tier, because of their versatility but like, a 600HP imperial soldado, that rivals the Skull Knight, except you get one Skull Knight for…9.8 seconds. But if you’re like me and you build 4 barracks in your enemy’s base, and click the Soldado, you get 20 of them, in the base, with 600HP ready to go lol.

I am being very bitter, I know this. I just hate the “buffs” they gave to. Guoxingye…wait, what is it in English, Koxinga, or whatever, that card sucks. It’s a minor buff, I never include it. The card that ships the flying crows, flame throwers, gives you the free guard/honored upgrade to the flame throwers and the increased rate of fire for the flying crows, that’s a good card. The mediocre flying crow is good, because of that card.

And still, the Chinese cannot train Manchus, even though the Chinese are the Great Qing, who’s founders were Manchus, see, I am being bitter, I apologize. You can straight up “too long, didn’t read” this, I apologize.

1 Like

how do you lose that 40 range armour forbidden army should eat that up for breakfast

dude it is a fact, heck 40 range armour forbidden army is one of the only comp that is able to fight goon head on.

The mongolian army is also able to fight against goon comps just because of their speed.

Meteor hammers most certainly deserved the nerf. That single change is what I’ve been hoping for for years.

7 Likes

What do you mean, how did I lose, it wasn’t the dragoons or the cassadors that killed my meteor hammers, it was the horse artillery. Their attack is unblockable, ranged armor does nothing there. Horse artillery have no penalty against cavalry, same with heavy cannons. The dragoons were not even a factor, due to Repelling Volley.

What is the average attack of an imperial dragoon, it’s at least 40 right? Times 3 against cavalry, that’s 120 damage but the 40ish percentage takes it down to…maybe 73 per shot since the game clearly rounds up. But their melee attack is half that, so like 20, times 3, that’s 60 damage, and unblockable since the meteor hammers don’t have melee armor. Hm, I see it there against the dragoons but I know you can get Portuguese ones up to what, 52 damage?

The Forbidden Army banner is average at best, due to the iron flails being 1 of 2 things, a damage sponge for the meteor hammers, or a skirmisher killer (which it does…but like, poorly). I hate that, 1 dimensional units aren’t fun. Though, the meteor hammer is the preferred skirmisher killer, since unless the player is paying attention, the skirmishers will stay in ranged mode and do like 9.2 damage, I forget what the base damage of an Imperial Skirmisher is, like 30?

But in the long run, will these changes affect much, probably not, the meteor hammer still does its defined job, just slower now. The iron flail does not do its defined job, it is terrible against artillery. I am talking end game, everyone is at the imperial age, I suppose an honored or exalted iron flail would body a regular falconet.

Win percentage of each civ up to the sixth round

Mexico deserves a change!

1 Like

Grab all of that with the tweezers. I think I speak for everyone when I say I don’t want to see a buffeted Hausa, Japan or Swed.

3 Likes

Yeah but they get 3 shot by the meteor hammer so its just a matter of charging in and having a small group of meteor hammer just sniping them off. also note the pop of the enemy army which according to your numbers is atleast 110, account the cassadors and just charging in with 80 pop means you are at a disadvantage( the changdaos and skirms might as well be worthless)

always have mongolian scourge to give them the extra splash damage.

you fight it using the range melee of the meteor hammer to snare down the goons, and then have support fire in the back to kill htme off, doesnt matter what their damage is, they wont be able to kill them fast enough before they get snared

Hmm, Malta and Italy were mandatory to play, so that’s why they have higer pick up rates.

I would take the winrates of civs without so much games, like Mexico, with a grain of salt. Also 1vs1.

1 Like

My understanding is:
High pick rate high win rate > high pick rate low win rate (unless ridiculously low like 30%) > low pick rate whatever the win rate

I disagree with the arquebusiers, they really annihilated the dragoons in that instance. I should have brought my reserve imperial cannons from the factory in, but I was unwilling to commit them, since I was on the defensive, trying to keep my…it was the Spanish map, I mean Spain, I had walled off the House of Bourbon, and was willing to defend it, but I didn’t think the Portuguese could actually force me to use my reservists. Don’t get me wrong, it was a tactical error on my part, I should have just let them waste their time and energy taking my Bourbon post.

Though I always use Mongolian Scourge. I use Repelling Volley, Double-Faced Armor, Mongolian Scourge, Western Reforms, Old Dynasty Reforms, and Manchu combat in all my decks, but some have all the artillery bonuses, like Siege Attack, Siege Hitpoints, Siege Combat.

However, I think I see what you’re saying, take the meteor hammer, let it hit the dragoon, snaring it, and that gives the arquebusiers time to roll up and ice them. Since an arquebusier…single one, with all cards and upgrades gets you to 96 damage per shot. I love it. I was super like…indignant when Italy’s Bersagliere got the times 3 against ranged cavalry, and the US has it too, or it’s like 2.5, I forget. Their sharpshooter I mean. I rarely play the US. Really a China, Ottoman, Aztec, Ethiopia main. Out of the new world civs, I prefer Mexico.

1 Like

small note the Bersagliere has a x0.5 against all cav so they still only do only 1.5x against goons. Repelling volley allows arq to have a net multi of 2.25. Sharpshooters have net multi of 1.8

1 Like

Rifle Riders trade about on par with average Dragoons, thanks to their insane attack speed. You kinda need Skirms or exceptional Dragoons to counter them.

im just gonna put a big ol “lol nope” here

Let’s talk about Haudenosaunee’s cards

There is only 1 unit difference between age3 and age4, there must be something wrong with this card。
The value of Forest Prowler is 115 resources, and the card of the Industrial Age is 1600 resources 1159=1035 This card does not meet the standard at all. 11513=1495 I think it is correct to increase to 13 Forest Prowlers

2 Likes

better or worse than 6 musket riders age 4?

Practically all civs, especially the old ones, have a shitl of military shipments like this.

They should improve or remove them, one thing is that there are low power shipments, another that they are garbage.

Taking into account that the average cost is 1600 resources, the amounts should vary around 1400-1800 (2k in some civs like mex that have 21 cards)

1 Like

For haud I would also like them to buff/rework most of those age III shipments that cost 1k gold.

2 Likes

Wait, really? I thought the times 3 was against all light ranged cavalry, so full damage against dragoons. So is it, times 3, then times .75 due to cavalry? I thought that only applied to hand cavalry. I’m going to have to try and test that. So in theory, a arquebusier, with 32 attack, times 3, then times .75 means they only do, and my math might be off here, might do 72 damage per shot? Wait, then the dragoon’s armor of 20%, that’s like what, 60 damage then? That stinks…you sure that’s how it’s calculated?

How does that work for say a hackapell? They’re not light ranged, they’re just ranged or heavy ranged cavalry (like the Oromo warrior). You have me super curious here, what does an abus gun do now…their attack in unblockable, since it’s siege but they have a massive penalty against cavalry now. Hm, gonna load up a match right now and see wha happons.

Side rant, they REALLY need to clean up the multipliers, like the iron flail, sowar, naginata rider…and I think the mahout all have a times something against all infantry, but then a penalty against heavy infantry meaning they have no bonus at all. They could just clean them up and give them only times whatever against that new light infantry tag that was added in Knights.

Yes always has been, skirms net multi against light range cav is 1.5 not 2. This leads to the counterintuitive fact that Musketeers deal more damage to goon then skirms(if you are not china) and skirms advantage is range.

The new heavy ranged cav are just normal hand cav for the sake of muiltipliers

that isnt going to happen, the new light infantry tag is for the creation of the counter-skirms unit, not for the cav since their damage also applies to a broader range of units (things like explorers, advanced scouts, militia units, urumis)