Awful game and menu lag since updates

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

Game lag was very bad after the second most recent update, so much so I couldn’t play the game anymore. Never had a problem before but figured it would be sorted with the next patch. ( was also failing the bench mark test for the first time ever getting 700) Anyways with the new patch I figured I could play again, now the menu is like a slideshow, so so so laggy, Ive played around with the graphic settings and nothing fixes it. No idea whats going on.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.33868.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

horrific lag in the menu, also in the settings menu. For some reason if I put on my VPN it stops the awful lag, but the VPN disconnects regularly so its unreliable for online games. Infuriating.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

load up the game

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. click age of empires
  2. wait
  3. boom there she goes

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

work like it did before, run smoothly

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

no

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

nah

Same problem here since the DLC with Gerogians and Armenians. I have the yellow symbol all the time…

All test done about my internet, and everything is fine so I don’t understand what they chaged about servers.

1 Like

Bruh I found the problem to my lag… Its wasnt because of internet. It was because full cloud. I deleted all game through the folders and I don’t lag anymore.

1 Like

Interesting how do I do that? I wouldnt be the best with computers…

You find the folder where all the save games are saved (In the folder of setup of AOE2). I forgot de exact name.

Then you delete everything.

1 Like

I cant believe this worked, I could kiss you.

1 Like