Aztec will now shatter light infantry

I say hidden because the way its worded its very unclear as to how this change impacts the range shock infantry class

Blockquote
Light Infantry units: Skirmisher and Foot archers have their ranged damage multipliers reduced by -20% against Heavy Cavalry and -33% against Hand Shock Infantry. Light Infantry units that did not inflict negative bonus damage against Shock Infantry yet have received it now. Units inflicting siege damage (Abus Gunners, Cannoneers, Fire Throwers) received higher negative multipliers whereas Counter Skirmishers (Pandours, Schiavoni) received lower ones.

the fact that the overall counter system was reworked - negative bonus of light infantry (skirms) going from being against just Hand shock infantry to being against Shock infantry in general is not immediately obvious. A lot of people read this and just saw the reduced damage to hand shock infantry.

for range shock infantry the only unit that is of real note is the ERK, the rest iirc are just outlows you get in Unknown maps

hand shock infantry - chimmu, coyote, rantan shields, tiger claws, shotel and i think thats it

I believe some African stuff also counts as “ranged shock infantry” including other tradingpost units, but I’m not sure I need to check the coding again. (See what I mean?)

I remember seeing the “ranged shock infantry” tag in more units than just ERK.

there is only 3

ERK

Native ERK

knife thrower - random outlaw

edit - the other two arent even on most maps, the outlaw i have only seen in unknown maps