"Back to work" issue

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 12626487
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Upon using the “back to work” hotkey on the TC to remove villagers from it that were previously gathering food from a boar, some of them might be assigned to gather from a herdable instead, under specific circumstances.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue, not all of them might be necessary:

1. Assign 6 villagers to collect from a sheep.
  2. Upon finishing the sheep, wait until the villagers automatically pick another nearby sheep to gather from, and garrison them before they kill it.
  3. Lure a boar near the town center, shoot it with the town center arrows once or twice, set the town center gather point to the boar and release the villagers using the ungarrison hotkey, so they kill the boar.
  4. Wait until the villagers finish collecting the boar meat and are idle.
  5. Garrison them in the town center.
  6. Release the villagers using the back to work function.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The villagers, which were idle after collecting from the boar, should have returned to being idle.
Instead, some of them might be assigned to their previous task of gathering from sheep.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Youtube video of the bug happening

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
Recorded Game

Hi @Mort !
I talked with the team about it and we’re ivnestigating the issue :slight_smile:
Thanks for your report!

Do you have the rec from the video? You sent a different rec :slight_smile:

Hi, unfortunately not, the RG is from when it originally happened and the video is from when I was trying to replicate it.

I have a save game from that video though if it helps. Just gotta wait for the vills to go idle and garrison > back to work them, it happens every time when I try it: