Bad Chinese Translation of the Mexico DLC

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: V.100.12.54545.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

1.Event tasks’ descriptions mistranslated in Chinese version, leading to unable to finish tasks.

Here is the description for Guanajuato, the description in Chinese “反抗墨西哥” literally means “fight against Mexico” instead of “make yourself become Mexico through revolution” which is correct.
Correct translation should be something like “成为墨西哥”.

Another example, here the description says “对长枪兵单位造成伤害”, meaning “make damage to skirmishers”, but what this task ask players to do is using skirmishers to make damage.
Correct translation should be something like “使用长枪兵单位造成伤害”.

2.“USS Philadelphia” in new Historical Battle is translated into “费城号航母”, which means “Aircraft Carrier Philadelhia”

The voicelines are all calling that ship with “航母”(aircraft carrier), I really wonder if translators knows the timeframe of this game.
(There’s never a carrier named Philadelphia, I think this problem is caused by using machine translation, as translation tools provided by DeepL, Google and Bing all gives “航母” when I type “USS”.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Switch to Simplified Chinese
  2. Go to Historical Battles page and event page.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Expect corrected translations.
P.S. To “USS Philadelphia”, “费城号” without “航母” will be OK, but please record new voiceover lines…

Hi @Hsiman4096 !

Thank you for your detailed report! We are now tracking this issue (=^▽^=)