Balance Adjustments for the Battle Elephant Civs

I thought that honour was reserved for celts

Celts, Franks and Turks have worse skirms. Turk skirms are tankier, but canā€™t do any damage because they lack range, attack, have +3 against archers (insted of +4) and no bonuses against cavalry archers. In imp Franks and Celts have slightly more armor and can survive 20-25% more shots, but they also fall short in damage and range (pun intended), which means itā€™s much harder to snipe enemy archers. And even in castle age 2nd armor upgrade is a low priority upgrade, because your knights tank crossbows, not skirmishers. If your opponent will attempt to snipe skirmishers while being swarmed by knights, heā€™s goind to lose his army without damaging your power units. If we are talking SotL-style fight with 20 v 20 on flat ground, then yes, burmese skirms are worse, but in an actual game, where you have meatshield between you and your enemyā€™s archers, range and damage are more important than survivability.

1 Like

Yesterday i saw a vyper match (i think against BacT) in which he used burmese elephant to raidā€¦ They can tank a lot of damage if the enemy doesnt have halberdiers ready.

I really like this idea. And fits thematically as a monk civ. But it could end up hurting some other obscure cavalry builds? As nothing else will have faithā€¦

That nerf was likely from the pro balance teamā€¦ I donā€™t think devs thought it up themselvesā€¦ So i doubt it will change

In that case, give them free faith and thats all

It happened in the past. And even the pros have their mistakes or preferences. Nerfing all the elephants instead of khmer was a mistake.
No faith couldbe bad for Burmesez but you usually donā€™t play cavs in imperial age. You have lots of other options, so it wouldnā€™t hurt them

I have seen another video of viper as vietnamese.

He started to train elephants at least in three occasions because he said he would like to ude them. But then, he had to cancel them because he was under pressure and couldnt afford paying so much.

He even bought elite upgrade but couldnt use it. Feels bad man.

I dont think elephants need a nerf cause they are too expensive and have too many counters that are a lot cheaper like albs or monks. Actually I think they need a little buf. Because if you see elephants are almost unused nowdays. In early castle pushes everyone prefers to go knights cause they are cheaper (so easier to mass), faster. And may give ou a more economical benefit if you figth a bunch of pikes. In my personal opinion I dont see elephants in my games since a lot time and I havent seen them in the latest pro tournaments like KOTD or 2v2 empire wars

1 Like

Link? I mean, elephants are expensive as hell, and rarely usable in 1v1 until post imp

I would give back the 50% trample damage to the elite upgrade

2 Likes