Balance and Enhanced Gameplay request

Hello!
I’ve been dipping in and out of the beta and get that warm fuzzy feeling playing. Everything is so perfect and I am so happy the devs have decided to revive AoE. I just have one request - it’s a bit long winded bare with me:

Is it possible to introduce formations for civilisations that are known historically to have had formidable military tactics?
E.g. Romans - had legions so it would make sense to have their military group up - the Carthaginians were somewhat familiar
Greeks and Macedonians fought with formidable phalanx formations, so in the case of these civilisations - maybe formation ability opens up for similar units?

Nearly every ancient military force had favoured troops that would stand in line ready for a battle. Hoplites were a very common frontline foot soldier in the bronze/early iron age from my understanding and archers were introduced in auxiliary lines with no real order until the Romans showed Europe and Africa how to wage war.

I am just speed balling here, but maybe for balance civilisations (units) with organised formations have a defence bonus and others civilisations (or units) that do not have the formation advantage can have an attack bonus?

I know in the past that the programming for formations was not possible but since AoE2 there’s no excuse - I would love to see some authenticity in the new game :smile:

Nope, the game is a remaster no a new game.

I was just simply suggesting “additional features” to enhance gameplay and clean it up- the devs are doing a great job by adding that new introductory section in the campaigns and I approve of the use of the narrator to give a background on the campaign mission.

My thoughts on these enhanced gameplay features would not create a completely new game, it’s just a little tweak to make the military units stay together rather than march independently in sometimes sporadic queues when launching attacks :wink:

@Bucephalos355 said:
I was just simply suggesting “additional features” to enhance gameplay and clean it up- the devs are doing a great job by adding that new introductory section in the campaigns and I approve of the use of the narrator to give a background on the campaign mission.

My thoughts on these enhanced gameplay features would not create a completely new game, it’s just a little tweak to make the military units stay together rather than march independently in sometimes sporadic queues when launching attacks :wink:

Is not that easy, is to related with pathfinder. Pathfinder is one of complex thing in a RTS.
They don’t want add this feature I agree with me or not, because this give more control for non micromanager player. Is something I read no my personal opinion.

My personal opinion agree with you. But there was the answers.