Hi, all ! I have been playing AoE2 since the year 2000. I love it and it is maybe my favourite game. I might not be rated 1900-2000 and I will never be, BUT I know the game after all those years. So, I wish to ask about some little things that I find " less balanced" than I’d like.
I am sure many people will not agree with me, but I just wish to share some ideas.
- give the Aztec a GALLEON but remove Dry docks. I mean - yeah, they got OP infantry and a cool economy bonus BUT on islands they are so bad after age III .
- give the British bloodlines, plz - they have no hussar and no paladin anyway, so let them have a decent cavalier at least, I think that it will not be unfair, just look at the techtree of the Spanish, for example [they got like a thousand late game options]
- give the japanese bombard cannon - goths have it and they were barbarians who did not have gunpowder weapons when they destroyed Rome
- goths are too cool - remove bombard cannons plz
- Spanish are one of my favourite BUT the conquistador should cost 5more gold and the elite technology + 200g and should take 20% slower to research.
- the battle elephant now costs 120/70 food/gold, it is too strong and kills the Paladin in 1v1 so the elephant should cost 130/75 in my view, I know they are slow but still in late game people have food, so 120food is not so much
- Mangudais should cost +5 gold compared to the current cost, they are too great…
- Teutonic knights should be cheaper /by 10 gold/ and with +10 health for the Elite ones - almost nobody uses them in serious matches and they are just out of the game most of the time!
- Give the huns onagers but remove walls from their techtree
- give the malay blood lines , remove bombard tower< ? Or rework the whole civ, it seems very weird to me…
- The Caravel +1 dmg
- Nerf the Genoese crossbowman cause it is “TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE” or just make it much more expensive. This thing even has a bonus vs ships /not written in the tip/