[Balance] Some changes I'd wish to see

Perhaps not castle age but imperial age. It comes a bit late for arbalest. But when you engage in archer war, you will find pavise significant.

Condo is supposed to be weak vs archers. I would rather silk road replace shared condo as team bonus and slightly buff Condos base atk a bit.

This is a massive nerf on Britons. Xbow turns close to generic (only 20% faster training time). Then, I think longbow deserve thumb ring and cheaper yeomen as a compromise.

so Arbalest with 6 melee armor? Taking 5 damage from FU Hussars? I.e. 8 shots to kill? Skirmishers with 6 melee armor? Taking 7 Hussar shots to kill?

Genoese Crossbowmen already have 5 melee armor when FU (which is the same armor as Cavalier/Paladin), they also counter cavalry fairly hard. They donā€™t need to be even stronger vs cavalry/melee units. They are a balanced unit that is on the strong side, hard to mass but definitely not weak individually. If Genoese needs buffs, and Iā€™m not sure it does, it should be in terms of cheaper Elite upgrade.

Sure just because Chinese have been dominant so long, letā€™s give them a brutal uncalled for nerf, in the age where they are weak, so that they canā€™t do 2-militia Drush/MAA opening anymore.

Chinese make sense design-wise, they have good Feudal and Castle age but unimpressive Imperial. There will always be a top dog among the civs, better for it to be something like Chinese that is hard to play, than Goths or Lithuanians.

Incas are the worst of the 3 Meso civs but are quite good otherwise. Solid mid-tier civ. They donā€™t need buffs.

Karambits are actually strong when massed, I canā€™t believe we introduced a metric of ā€œtraining time per unit popā€ which is very arbitrary and serves a narrative. Letā€™s make a new metric then, melee attack per unit pop, BAM Karamits stand at 16, very OP, needs nerf.

Jokes aside, the idea of Karambits is that they SHOULD BE hard to mass since if you manage to mass like 80 of them, unless opponent is fully stone walled, itā€™s basically GG.

Step Lancers are already very good and compete well with Knights in large numbers. I see no reason to buff them.

how does it make them broken? Teutons are top 5 at best on Arena. Bohemians, Burgundians, Poles, Britons, Malay are all stronger, for example.

coupled with no Thumb Ring, how to kill a UU.

Overall Iā€™m glad you arenā€™t in charge of balanceā€¦

1 Like