Balance sugestions for May patch

Didn’t want to create new thread so here are some of mine (have been playing this game for 17 yrs, I am 26 rn so don’t say I don’t have enough xp).

1. repeating this-
    double bit costs 100f 50w gives 20% bonus
    bow saw costs 150f 100w gives 20%
    two man saw costs 300f 200w gives 10%
    As u can see further age upgrades costs more and gives less. We can apply same thing to infantry armor.

Ideas

1. Give scale mail armor give +1/+2 and plate mail +1/+1. Chain mail remains same.
  2. Scale mail costs 150f instead of 100f
  3. Supplies in castle age.

Effects

1. M@a costs 60f 20g but has 3 pierce armor instead of 2 now. Balanced here.
  2. Long sword costs 45f 20g has 4 piece armor intead of 3. Makes it viable for all civs.
  3. FU champions still has 5 pierce armor. No changes here.

Problem civs

1. Goths-Gives them viable and attractive option for feudal and castle age, but gets +1 pierce armor in imp as compared to live. (gives them buff for all ages and compensate for stagger cost reduction nerf, remove loom bonus for balance)
  2. Lithuanians- Halbs now gives +2/+5 which are better against ranged.
  3. Malians-m@a feudal has +1/+4 making them very tanky against archers serving their purpose.
  4. Incas- Give them vill have +1p armor per age, so scale mail doesn’t affect them.

Conclusion
This single handedly buffs m@a, long sword, infantry UU, Goths, and lil nerf to archers at the same time.

1. Increase cost of fletching, bodkin and bracer by 50%- Archers are already dominating the pro scene. More over this tech gives attack and range to castles, krepost, towers, ships and TC(just attack). Just the sample size of things it affects makes these techs much more worthy than their cost. Look at other blacksmith techs, they only affect single type of units and still cost more.

2. Celt tech Stronghold- Celt already lacks bracer and this tech is rarely used. Make this more viable or change it entirely.

3. Huns tech Atheism- This tech is map dependent and almost useless in most games. Change it entirely.

4. Sara tech Madrasah- If this bonus gives 66% or 80% of gold back it can be viable otherwise other useless tech.

5. 3 things related to indians (more details refer to indian unique units thread)
    1. Remove 10% fish to +20 fish carried.
    2. Imperial camel +1/+1
    3. ele archers- You decide lol (tbh when this unit came out in 2012 then also i objected maybe people are recognizing this now)

6. Turks, portuguese need something.

7. Make italians age up cost -20% up from -15% and docks cheaper tech -33% down from -50% making them more viable on land and less OP on water.

8. Tatars should get free ballistic (requiring university) instead of free thumb ring. Free thumb ring don’t make them unique from mong CA or ethiopians xbows and thats why they aren’t used more.

9. Cheaper elite cata tech

10. Elite kamayuk +1 attack.

11. Vietnamese eco techs -33% instead of no wood. Also visible TC location should be team bonus and imperial skir as normal bonus. Many civs have bonus related to skir. Have u played vs lithuanian imperial skir? 11 PA as trash unit.

12. Burmese unique tech howdah should affect arambai also.(changed my opinion)

Criticism is appreciated just keep it positive. Thanks.

2 Likes

Becouse they are super extreme buffs and nerfs that people just get excited and talk a lot but they should try to improve their skills player instead of improving or nerfing like half of the civs. Civs are something unique amd sometimes you don’t like them but thats not nesesary because they are bad o op. its simply couse you don’t play good with them mostly. I think now we only need to buff protuguese and just wait to see how the game develops itself.

Cathaphract bad?? Come on they are crazy killing infantry. Now with champions supplie lines they are even more viable than ever. You are saying like cataphracts were bad but they are good.

I have been playing with kamayuks A LOT amd u never felt they were bad.

I think it was too much combined with hussars benefiting from relics. FU Cav archers will give them something other than cavalry as a gold option in imperial.

I think increasing crossbow and arb upgrade cost is the better idea, they’re too cheap for the power spike they offer

Disagree, thumb ring is a great power spike. I’d leave tatars as they’re right now, maybe increase keshik cost. Too fat and cost effective, why even go hussars in most games

Why? They’re already difficult to counter without siege or hand canoneers, champs barely trade well because of the stacking mechanic. 6 pierce and relatively fast speed makes archers less of a counter

This is really a non issue, you don’t make skirms in late imperial age TGs when trade starts. The skirm bulk issue is its low HP, not pierce armor and imp skirmisher doesn’t help there. They’re only useful for Viets since they have HP bonus

Howdah is related to elephants tho, I think parthian tactics should affect Arambai since its a useless tech in Burmese tree rigght now since their cav archers lack thumb ring thus unviable

Like arambais were bad… I’ really don’t understand. Probably you just made arambais and your enemy killed you with arbalest and thats why you are saying this but arambai is a sick unit, they just have counter units and thats it.

free thumbring is super huge.

Lol you probably don’t ever know how to play monks.

I mean devs should improve the path finding but increasing the cost of those upgredes it sound to me like a bad idea.

The Elite costs and logistica cost are insane and they need castles to produce. It’s insane investment that’s almost never possible to get to. They’re rarely used since byz get FU arbs and hand cannoneers

3 Likes

Stop with the toxic behavior. Madrasah is already known to be a bad tech. Even pros know it. Saracen rush is about selling stone, how are you getting a castle and researching a situational tech?

1 Like

i dont understan. why to try “lithuanians is best civilization”.
leitis is very strong and very very cheap. ( fast , strong attack (minumum 18 attack maximum 22 ) , high hp ) other all unts is available.

I think most of the people on these forums can spot the difference between civs being op/bad and someone playing good/bad

They are good, yes, if you don’t get killed before you pay all the resources for all those upgrades. Using this logic you could also say war elephants are op as f and they need to be nerfed.

2 Likes

Good point, they really might need more gold options than knights and leitis

I think that man at arms are balanced, and if you want to buff long swordsman versus archers you rather increase their speed. They are currently balanced versus town centers

Free thumb ring benefits cav archers by much, nd tatars feel okay right now.

No. Vietnamese are perfect now. No need to make that a team bonus, it is one kind of team bonus already.

If you want to buff arambai this way then rather give them the second archer armor. It also solves th problem that burmese are very bad versus archers. However, I don’t think arambais need a buff.

1 Like

Actually I do use that logic, becouse war elephants would be really good if their elite upgrade was cheaper, but there is a reason why the elite upgrade is so expansive, and thats becouse they are supposed to be played in the late game. Same with cathaphracts. Byzantines already counter archers with cheap skirms, counter knights with cheap halbadiers and they have thumbgring, so they have good archers to counter infantry. The game gives you the tools to hold until you have enough resourses to afford the elite cathaphract upgrade.

I honestly don’t think they need better cav archers. They got great trash and superb knights and uu.

1 Like

Its actually not that bad. I have found it usefull one time when i was getting raided by cavalier and i just made monks to defend my self and when they died i could afford to do another one

Every civ gets two different viable gold units. Pure cavalry makes them too predictable. Teching into non FU cav archers without bonus makes no sense. Hand canonneers just aren’t viable without some bonus

It would make goths long swordmans a too strong i guess

Yeah, but they have trouble counter enemy siege. This is why i think they need SE. For their Bombard Cannons and Trebs during castle defence. Siege Ram dont really need SE (Byz are great example of this) but Trebs and BBC do during defensive play.
Cataphract is second most expensive elite upgrade in the game. Is more expensive than Boyar, Battle Elephant, Leitis. Is only briefly less expensive than Cavalier+Paladin upgrade. And we are talking aobut just Elite upgrade, Cata also need Logistica. Logistica+Elite upgrade is more expensive than War Elephant Elite Upgrade! (and Persians have better eco) and practicly only unit witch is as expensive to upgrade is Konnik, but even here upgrades are split between ages and are usefull not only to Konnik but also to other units what also will be make. And even after that Cata is more expensive in terms of food.

6 Likes

Saracens get camels, you don’t even need heavy to repel cavaliers

It’s probably the cheapest castle tech in game i think.