Balancing the new khmer

My thorough process was as folloes:

If the Elefants were slower it would be easier to protect your siege from them that you need against the Khmer scorps. Also more time to use monks. Once they close the gap anything get slaughtered.

Still not one of the best 5 civs. They are simply ok. We gotta stop trying to change civs every month, it feels like clash royale.

2 Likes

According to who, to viper or hera? they donā€™t even play ranked team games and for them they can annihilate 99.9% of the players even with unfair civ match ups so their opinion is a little subjective.

There arenā€™t top 5 civs anymore, that was in aoc, after the latest expansion there are like 10 top civs and each of them can win over the other in certain maps.

This is not something personal it is a common demand in other forums, streams and games.

Persians and Khmer need a nerf, the Devs should have all the data about civilization preference, after the normal civ test after the patches, they should acknowledge both persian and khmer dominating and being abused excessively, like cumans were once.

1 Like

https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/14611/

Iā€™m trying to get the perfect balance. Khmer are on the spot right now!

Itā€™s no different from what it was yeasterday. Maybe there was a problem with the upload?

Reminder that Khmer are so OP and so overplayed no one tryhards as them to win paid team tournaments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBlgzQv0izA

2 Likes

Oh yes, pro games, but sadly none of them plays ranked games, they just play TGā€™s unranked every time, and practice the same civs since rise of rajas in tournaments, not even a good comparison to mention the real top players since they lack of interest of playing ranked games on TG ladder, they arenā€™t helping to evolve the meta.

Wait for BOA for good references at least there will be several teams abusing khmer and all of them are above or even past the 2.5k.

not quite, it makes it possible to use your farm space much more efficiently and in secure positions. It makes your base a lot tighter and difficult to raid. Furthermore, it saves a couple hundred of wood on mills

Only ~5 months since a map pool became the standard. On Voobly 1v1 was pretty much exclusively arabia, which made it hard to use the no building requirement bonus.

They were very solid pocket before lategame as well. Itā€™s not just the 175W you save, the good thing is you can click up straight in feudal age. As pocket you can go click up 30 pop in dark age and immediately click up in feudal after.

-2 attack for elite battle eles might seem like a huge nerf, but it isnā€™t. Khmer eles are still ridiculously good in lategame TGs, and halbs still melt with decent support. Fully boomed khmer is pretty much unstoppable at that stage.

Well, if this is to be trusted (https://www.ageofempires.com/news/aoe2de-update-36xxxxxx/) the OP managed to predict the devā€™s reasonning, so congrats I guess.

Thatā€™s cute. I donā€™t think it would be of any use against almost every other civ that will just be faster. After all, old Khmer had their house bonus to have an ā€œunraidableā€ eco and yet they still sucked hard. So making their farming rate the exact same as generic civ = they suck again.

In the late game you should have enough wood that drop-off points are basically free.

So no one in 3 years tried to play Khmer 1v1 anywhere else than Arabia, be it Voobly or HD?

I guess, but wouldnā€™t the lack of time spent in each age give you an anemic eco like with the Malay bonus?

But then if the unit is the problem, besides nerfing Tusk swords into the ground I donā€™t see what would make you happy, and after that people would cry even more about eles being bad (go read Extra bonus damage to Elephant class is major BS! - #136 by CactusSteak2171 if you want to cringe)

The future changes seems promising, i would have liked 5% slower farming rate, but it is something.

Elephants by their selves are easy to counter, but with ranged units or scorps (no matter the civ they are cheap)it can turn into a snowball in early imp that is so hard to stop, if you have elite battle eles at min 30 you donā€™t even need siege.

1 Like

They delete the page. I cant see it anymore.

Sniff-sniff :dog:

1 Like