Barbarian AI Questions

Thanks man. I play through Gamepass which seems to be a problem as far as installing AIs via anything other than the official AoE site or through the game itself goes. I could be wrong but I definitely don’t have the Steam folders you mention. Don’t even have an AI folder 8(

Hey it seems you are lucky - they changed Game Pass recently so that you can change the game installation folder:

Maybe this helps you to get access to the AI folder - but I don’t have experience with Game Pass myself. That was just a fast google result.

1 Like

Wow, that’s quite something. I finally figured out the mod installation stuff here but it seems a bit odd with it being a combination of stuff you do on the site and in game. At least for some mods. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

I did a few tests yesterday. No players in the game can use a DE civilization. It works well on extreme AI even though you get a message saying it wont.

Are you talking about the Barbarian AI? If so yes it won’t play if you or the Barbarian AI has a DE civ from what I know.
Barbarian AI has not really been updated since DE and it’s not clear if it ever will be updated any more. There has only been a minor patch from community to make it compatible with DE

Thats why I prefer to use the Extreme DE AI or the Immortal AI which is like a Barbarian 2.0 AI with the main limitation that it won’t attack you if you are fully walled - at least until later in the game when it has knights and stuff.

Yea, I was talking the barbarian AI. The issue I ran into was trying to play as a DE civ while selecting a non-DE civ, that still didn’t work. Meaning, I can’t play as Burgundians vs Brittons, it bugs out.

I’ll have to try the Immortal AI sometime.