Bari 5 the onrushing tide timer bugged?

Game Version:

• Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

Issue:

So I have been trying to beat the 5th mission of bari campaign on hard. Near the end you have to “defend” bari for 20 minutes, as a timer shows.

After some attempts with saving and loading I managed to not have the bari player get defeated for quite a while and then i noticed the timer had disappeared, eventually bari resigned and i got a defeat. I saw the recording to check what happened. The timer had just finished and nothing happened…

I feel the need to mention that this mission is seemingly impossible without exploiting the ai, like luring enemy units away from buildings you have to destroy… and now a bugged timer makes the mission impossible?

I’ve looked it up and only was able to find only one person mentioning this bug 1-2 months ago, but allegedly the bug occurs when you use save load function… So I finally decided to just start the mission from the start and not save the game at all… On the bright side once you’ve found a way to rush through the first submissions it feels less irritating. In the end the timer of defending bari finished and still nothing happened…

What’s the catch here? Is there another requirement for the trigger that is hidden? Is it because a part of bari has been destroyed? If that’s the case why not just trigger defeat right there to just let me know and not having second guesses that a bug is involved? Is it the placement of the hero unit? Does the castle have to do with anything? I still have some random guesses what could it be but i really don’t feel like trying random stuff just to see the timer not triggering anything in the end…

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bari 5 - “Defend Bari” Bug