Battle royale was not worth it ....lol

This would honestly be a good move

1 Like

I am surprised it hasn’t been made an official gamemode, it’s one most simple and best out there.

I was optimist about the mode and thought it would be a good addition for casual players to get into the game and for tryhard players to chill with friends. Unfortunatelly it wasn’t a good mode and i found it boring since the beggining.
Anyway, i value the intention to bring new content and take risks.

1 Like

The possibility to add a 9th faction that is neutral to everyone is pretty cool. There a bunch of over stuff too but I’m not good enough with the scenario editor to remember them.

Millions of people playing an RTS game is a laugh and a half (rhyme intended)

the thing is, ITS IMPOSSIBLE to do that for scenario editor, for example I made a very big map where all people start in europe and can colonize the americas and africa, i wanted to add a 9th neutral faction that was the natives and mesoamericans civs, that players could encounter and battle with for their land

Sadly there is no way to add a 9th faction in the editor and i had to sacrifice player 7 to add them

Oh I thought it was possible because I spotted such a neutral building in an official campaign (Kotyan 5, some random barracks in the Bulgarian side of the map) but if it’s not doable through the scenario editor then it sucks big time indeed.

speak for yourself

I want new gamemodes, for example I really like empire wars and happy that theyy’ll be in ranked after the next patch
I would also love to get a new diplomacy ranked mode with treaty or something really unusual…

and I DONT want new civs
every new civ is taking something away from the others because they are getting more and more similiar to each other instead of being unique
just look at tatars smh

really love that aoe4 has 8 unique civs, neither too few, nor too many, (and there are 36 possible matchups, so definitely not “boring” if its balanced)

1 Like

Was agreeing with everything until you said you were ok with AOE4 only having 8 civs lol

are you against or for DLC’s with new civs for AOE4 like Aztecs or Byazantines

1 Like

10 civs is still fine for me if they are completely unique, however I don’t like DLCs by default because I think it’d be most fair if you could buy the game in 1 indivisible peace

in other words if they update the game with a completely new and unique civ id like it

but overall id feel neutral if the civs came out in a DLC

Tatars are pretty unique. The focus on heavy cavalry over siege really diferenciates it from Mongols imo. Not to mention they have a far better mid game than Mongols

1 Like

the very bad infantry is even more unique

It is impossible because of the genie engine, unfortunately.

Things Battle Royale game mode should’ve done:

1. Raise player limit to 24+
  2. Not removing Build And Destroy theme
  3. Complete Nomad start
  4. Post Imperial Age High Resource
  5. Gaia towns/villages to speed the gameplay process
  6. 2-4x larger than Ludacris map.
  7. Random circle points instead of just center.

Sadly AOE4 also stuck with 8 player limit. smh

1 Like

it should be possible to go above ;(

These ideas are or not possible in the engie or stupid or both to me…

2 Likes

unfortunately you are right on engine limitation but at the end of the day King Of The Hill is the best Battle Royale theme game.