Battle Tactics Thread

Siege/monk protection walls are now setup 4 layers thick- farms are setup in a perfect double square and 2 monestaries are setup close to the castle between the top left and right corners between the tcs

1 castle on one of the four directions of the tc corners - 3 tcs(4total) on the castle’s corners, 20 initial farms in a perfect square starting at a corner of a tc, make sure to have both mill upgrades before making these farms, spam 40 vills to woodline, while doing that(as soon as enough wood) make two monasteries between the top corners of the top and left and right sides of the tcs, sell enough for two monks, go get relics, make more farms, (up to 48 in a perfect doubled square)
get 115 pop vills, on the way there make another castle close to the largest goldmine and the farms, ensure to start mining, make 4 gates against the farms and monestaries, wall inwards along the edges of the tcs to close off the main castle from outwards attack and to make bunkers for siege, secure a nearby woodline and go to imperial age as quick as possible - Build me an army worthy of Mordor.

as for a build order to get there-

2 houses

6 sheep/boar/dear/food
(Save 4 sheep for the berry pickers and either make farms early or lure deer with the scout to keep them occupied before sending the initial food vills to farms
-this is so the berry pickers won’t need to set up farms until castle age when both farm upgrades are done)

4 wood/1-2 closest stragglers then woodline

4 Berries(10)food +2 houses

4 woodline(8) wood +2 houses +2 pallisades + 1 gate + wall houses

1 berries(11) food

5 stone +2 houses +2 pallisades + wall houses

24 villagers up to Feudal(+scout 25 pop)

Research stone and wood

+4 food(15) (make farms with these)

+6/7 wood(14/15)

34/35 villagers to Castle

For the two encampments - the goal is to close off only the encampments, not surround the resource. Early semiwalls are key to good defense - full walls have their use but are a waste of time in my opinion.

Examples of initial camps:

to note, my current in-game name is [Heals] Teutonic Fortress

Added: 05/15/21
Spanish version of the Healing fortress formation -

29 Pallies, 20 Conqs, and 11 Missionaries - square form, stand ground - provides a quicker version of the healing fortress for faster conversions and mobility
add in groups of palladins/conqs and so on depending on situation

Reminder: please make sure to use the companion thread linked in the first post to comment on the content - feel free to post any tactics here however

adding in my guide from steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2086604354