Been playing since 1997

Hey all,

Can you help me understand what exactly this is? Is it AOE 2 completely remade with modern graphics and such? Is it playable on pc or Xbox? Will there be an active online community for multiplayer? I have been waiting a long time for Microsoft to show interest in this series again. Currently I have MAC computers and have been on laying aoe 3 with the few gamerangers players out there, but there aren’t many and often no games. I have been considering getting a new Microsoft lap top for some time now but I want to make sure there is an active community gaming online to justify doing so. Are people currently playing aoe 3 online on Pc? What about ape 2 HD? All and any info is appreciated! Any recommendations on PC laptops specifically for playing aoe would be appreciated too!

@AssUmeYurDead said:
Hey all,

Can you help me understand what exactly this is? Is it AOE 2 completely remade with modern graphics and such? Is it playable on pc or Xbox? Will there be an active online community for multiplayer? I have been waiting a long time for Microsoft to show interest in this series again. Currently I have MAC computers and have been on laying aoe 3 with the few gamerangers players out there, but there aren’t many and often no games. I have been considering getting a new Microsoft lap top for some time now but I want to make sure there is an active community gaming online to justify doing so. Are people currently playing aoe 3 online on Pc? What about ape 2 HD? All and any info is appreciated! Any recommendations on PC laptops specifically for playing aoe would be appreciated too!

This forum is for the HD remaster of the original 1997 Age of Empires and Rise of Rome Expansion.

AoE2 already had an HD remaster available on steam.

This is a PC only release and is a windows 10 exclusive. The release date has not been announced yet.

The idea is to have a thriving online community. You will definitely find games as MS will host the game on their servers.

The sys reqs are low but you do need a modern pc as it is a 64 bit release.

See the ‘Buy Now’ tab to see the sys reqs.