Before anything, for the future of this game fix Team Games

Wrong assessment HD came to be because m$ noticed how much traction a mod pack got and decided to make money off of it by hiring the modders.HD is literally a mod pack people paid money to play.

1 Like

lol funny no. w/o multiplayer this game will loose half players or more

It is difficult to design a system to meet the needs of such a diverse group of people. Microsoft’s goal should be to maximize the player base, and thus eliminate as many conflicts as possible between the different player types.

1. Eliminate Steam family sharing. Having to pay for each account will reduce smurfing.
  2. Eliminate map bans and pool voting. Just let players pick which maps they are willing to play. Add ‘Random’ map to the pool where any map can be chosen, so that a purist still has a chance to play arena but not against an arena clown that only chooses Arena (and not ‘Random’).
  3. Add a handicapping system where ELO delta can be compensated for with increased resources (bonus resources to gathered for lower ELOs) so that stronger players can play with weaker players and both have likely opportunities for victory. Check the handicap box if you want to play with different-ELO friends or be matched against significantly lower ELOs, just like in golf.
  4. The above meets most of the needs of honest players. Now track improper exits (crash, alt-F4, disconnects, quick resigns) to identify players that may not be suitable for online play. When the ratio of improper exits vs completed games is unfavorable, notify the player and impose a series of escalating time-period bans on online play.

Again, no system is going to be perfect given that different people play for different reasons. But these changes would significantly reduce the frustration level for most people.

Yes, I’ve been a strong supporter of your ideas from your old thread. And I support this as well.

About the reset, I know people are mostly against it because they don’t want to lose their fake internet points, or because they don’t want to go through the ordeal of playing against top players again. Like when DE was launched. But I think that’s something secondary.
Instead they can implement “seasons” (reset system) like in other games, and annually give active people cosmetic stuff like icons or official unit skins as compensation. Then again, that’s something secondary. The priority should be fixing team games, even if that means resetting.

2 Likes

The reset is a must and to avoid months of chaos and more active noob bashing, the simple fix is to port the 1x1 ranks into the tg ladder after the reset, there aren’t more accurate ranks than the 1x1 ladder, so the players will start where they belong, rather than 0.

There will be players on a small disadvantage ofc, those with 0 games on the 1x1 ladder but those are a minority, any fix has to aim for the largest size of the player base, once you remove inflation from the equation going back to normal rank levels shouldn’t be that hard, specially cause we only have 200 players above 2100, so the average tg rank should be close to 1500 rather than 2600.

A second action could be introducing a limiter to prevent inflation despite stackers, the 1x1 ladder has an artificial roof, above 2200 levels they trade less points per winning or lose, hera at 2600 was only getting 4 points per win vs a 2400 players, such rank cap should have been implemented into the tg ladder instead of the 1x1, if you ever wondered why the 1x1 ranks haven’t increased its because of that artificial limiter.

3 Likes

Simple, cheap, effective. I love this idea

I support this.
They just need to implement a better calculation (against inflation), team limiter (against smurfs) and this kind of reset.

I totally agree with a team limiter… Too many times in team I’ve faced a team where 1 player is supposed to be 1200 and the other one 2600 or higher… They’re actually both higher ELO and it is just not fun to play against. I play ranked team games to see what actual level I can compete with, not to be crushed by these folks. A maximum difference between team members would be a good solution here.

1 Like

Lol at the guy going on about this game being dead without the single player fanbase compared to multiplayer. Why do you think Microsoft invested money into tournament prize pools? Wheres the famous twitch streamers that stream exclusively single player and no multiplayer?

1 Like

The reset is a must. In fact, I would go as far as monthly rank reset. The decay of ranking is pointless.

1 Like

If you reset all the way, then people are going to have to deal with others nowhere near their level.

I think if team game only players understood that playing more 1v1 games would lead to fairer team games then they’d be happy to play 1v1

1 Like

the irony of this post… then bam the Feb patch drops. lag fest

1 Like