Bengalis are terrible

Nonono, they get nerfed.

Their transport ships will have half of the normal HP now.

6 Likes

Why not both?
Transport ships train 1% faster, gain 10 Billion armor against elephant damage and photonman lasers, and can now repair fish traps.

To balance it out, they lose 50% HP and can only carry half a unit (great for helping your Malay ally with an amphibious Karambit rush).

2 Likes

Duly noted but if you’re only talking about this particular game then don’t mention your closed map experience. And even in that game bombard canons matter.

Nope what you’re explaining is just a standard meta play game. But that game deviated from meta.

I think that actually could be a good bonus.

Bengalis Viper’s masterclass

1 Like

nerf Bengalis, broken civ on closed maps with turbo eco into Elephant/Skirm deathball

3 Likes

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: yes too too broken

1 Like

Then how do you explain this? Mughals defeated Delhi Sultanate because of their gunpowder superiority. This is mentioned in Babur’s Campaign as well. That implies Delhi sultanate did not have gunpowder so your hypothesis is wrong.
The campaign also mentions how the Gurjaras got their gunpowder directly from Portuguese, in one scenario we (as Mughals) need to teach these Portuguese explorers a lesson for them trading with our enemies.

Yes and I think it will look unmatching if the Rathas and HandCannoneers fight side by side. I mean one weapon is from Antiquity, while the later is from Modernity.

4 hours ago, Viper dominated Hera with Bengalis against Bohemians. Bengalis 2 villager bonus is OP in closed maps and underpowered in Open Maps. Probably it should be increased to 2/3/4 villager in Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age in exchange for removing extra 2 villagers from every TC in reaching Imperial Age.

1 Like

When examined on its own, the Feudal benefit is phenomenal, the Castle benefit is beautiful, but the Imperial benefit is up in the air. Fast Castle builds harness this bonus well, but you have to build on them. The bonus remains excellent on open maps, it is other aspects of the civilization that come into play.

When was the last time you saw a fish trap damaged and not destroyed. They have 50 HP as opposed to the farms 480, they’re very fragile.
Perhaps a future water civilisation with tankier fish traps.

Maybe they did, maybe they didn’t. Game is loosely based on history, 100% compliance isn’t needed. Dravidian in game campaign, custom campaigns show that their Hero units are all strong cavalry units and yet in-game they have the worst stable. Gurjara campaign hero is a cavalry archer but the civ doesn’t even have ca in their range. Civs like Poles, Ethiopians have bombard canons but no hand canoneers and civs like Japanese, Tatars have hand canoneers but no bombard canons.
Obviously its ok to not have hand canoneers and bombard canons if they get good options for open map with good strong cavalry units from their stable.

Good Point I think I need to campaign on having cav archers for Gurjaras now. :grin:

1 Like

Somewhat accurate if you check with their AoE3 counterparts.

Ethiopians had huge Sebastopol Mortar but Neftenya with shot guns only.
Japanese had excellent marksmen Ashigaru but Morutaru with tiny mortars only.

tbh Gurjaras have a Camel & Cavalry theme going on, them having Elephants doesn’t really make sense. I get that the devs want to make Elephants a regional unit for Asia, but Gurjaras deserve CA instead of EA im their Archery Range. Although that would be a buff to an already top 5 civ in most game modes, but EA just makes no sense both for their unit roster and how they want to play out the game, you might see Dravidians or Bengalis do EAs under certain circumstances, but you will never see Gurjaras make them when they already have Chakrams, Camels etc.

1 Like

Their HCA would be really really terrible though, lacking both PT and last armor. So I don’t know if it’d be necessarily a buff, I guess you could simply not give them HCA if they’re worth it in Castle Age?

CA without 1-2 upgrades is perfectly viable in some matchups. E.g. Poles or Bulgarians vs Teutons

2 Likes

The Gurjaras are a food/gold-oriented civilization. Elephant Archers fit in fine, particularly with their unique tech. Perhaps there was generosity in granting them BBCs, even without Engineers.

4 Likes
Warlords Spoiler

I get the desire for cutting-edge analysis from the latest games, but you really should use spoiler tags if you’re going to reveal (any of) the results of a major tourney within hours. Even Redditors don’t have a problem with this.

3 Likes