Best allied civilizations?

wouldnt say its amazing… just something different. the LB would be similar to the chinese mortars /aztec long bows in aoe3

True, still probably fun to use

1 Like

The funny thing is that the penguin, who has champion-like stats, is the starting scout in Antartica map, so they can do a double penguin rush to snipe some villagers (and boars?) at the beggining of the match.

legendary! and now that porto is pretty good this is definitely a viable combo, and ironically they do compliment each other… porto can go knights to support viet archers… and gets cheaper+better BBC to counter onagers vs viet…

1 Like

oh of course there’s the cuman + magyar kipchak with +2 range and damage… it must be OP and you automatically when when the magyar trains them… :slight_smile:

Cumans+Goths third ally can be Mayans: Palaside walls have more HP and cheaper.

Sotl mentioned all of great teams, I need to use 4;
Huns+Tatars+Cumans+Mongols: Just nomads and all of their team bonuses useful for everyone. Scout and Cavalry Archer Line of Sight, stables faster and Palisade Wall hp(situational).
If I need to pick 2 maybe Huns+Mongols because faster Hussar Spam and more Line of Sight.

Also discounted militia benefits from viet intel for early drush.

And gold discount sinergyzes well with paper money because for portos, 500 gold is like 600 for other civs if they use the gold only for units.

Yeah, it’s a pity that you get only 10 of them.

True, but also portos can simply spam feritorias and sling gold to the viets.

They do work well together… but outside of the BBC their combined siege isn’t that good.

paper money is a “just in case” tech, so viets can save it for emergencies if portugese base is destroyed.

Also, ports could sling food and wood to Vietnamese just to enable them to pick the tech, instead of slinging gold.

True, in the end they have a decent tech tree combined, they only lack good siege and both lack hussars, paladins and camels too, but the lack of hussars is what hurt them the most…

Also, italians with bulga allies could pull off a fast imp into condos, and grab all blacksmith upgrades super fast.

They age up sooner thanks to the cheaper age up, they build a blacksmith and some barracks, then research all infantry upgrades super fast, then spam the hell out of those barracks. You can add a goth ally too, but the rush should still be made by the Italians.

Their tech trees synergies well too, combined they lack only the camel line and paladins, otherwise they have everything they can desire.

Why would you want that when Khmer+Celt combo exists (also the Eth bonus is like the 2nd worst in the game)

The closest in this thread to the ultimate relic combo, burmese+lith!

It’s way worse but at least it’s a funny way to bully the AI

1 Like

Ethiopans have the best strongest Scorpions in the game, much stronger than Celts, Mongols, Teutons, etc.

Kinda doubt it and even if it’s true it’s locked behind a super expensive tech, while with a Celt ally the deathball can start in castle age.

Mmm, the area of the ethiopians projectiles isn’t that big, I would probably prefer that they spam more shots with celts…

Still they are close…

2 Likes

How can scorpions be effective vs Knights in a TG? Don’t link me a Viper video vs low elo players.

Ethiopian scorpions eat Huskarls and were nerfed for a reason.

Tbh neither combos are actually used that much, so we are just discussing gimmicks. I still have no idea why ethiopian scorpions were nerfed after being buffed, if someone complained about it it must have been in a super obscure place. Regarding knights, since those units won’t pack up as thighly as infantry and archer I don’t think the Ethiopian upside will work better than just more bolts. If we are speaking late game Goth spam why would a Celt player worry the slightest about this when htey’ve got woads and better champs?

1 Like

Yeah but this is fun, and if we get enough suggestions we may convince SOTL on making a second video.

just realised now the lith paladin w persian ally, could kill an arb in 2 hits… (doing 21 dmg vs FU arb with 40 hp) i would really like to see this happen

Portuguese+Bulgarians+Lithuanians+Malians

Scary team