Best Infantry civ

The most well rounded one is Sicilians - good vs archery and melee - a proper middle-ground between Goths and Teutons as well as spammable as goths by utilizing mass towers to spawn the flood of serjeants for as long as resources allow. Spamming pikes alongside them if needed with the occasional onager shot to help reduce archers. They also have decent scouts if wanted.

The one flaw they have is the lack of hand canons, tho scorpions help where they may be lacking and arbs help as well if used properly.

I forgot to
add some

Will add now! Thanks for reminding

Forgot Byzantines, Malay, Bulgarians, Incas and Vikings

ah bro… maybe start using the sim… eagles eat camels cost effectively… like seriously decimate them

same as you… use the sim…

like so many players over estimating the serjeant… they suck, they are simply too expensive, their only good point is building donjons, and 1st crusade, the rest is cost ineffective…

the obuch is the unit everyone wanted the serjeant to be: a cost effective heavy infantry

2 Likes

Heal often with Herbal meds, the sim doesn’t account for such things.

And if herbal medicine was as good as you advertise it, it would be used more rhen extremely situationally.

I voted Goths, but seeing the results I think Malian infantry is very underrated.

Siege (20 chars, 20 chars)

Siege is a wonderful equalizer

What counters Longskarls with the new patch ?

Also Gbeto are technically infantry but are basically Obsidian Cavalry Archers in disguise. (Albeit Glass cannonish but without a trash counter)