Best potential for ROR campaigns

Of course, horse archers don’t fit into my suggestion, being Iron Age units – unless Scythians get Bronze Age horse archers as a civ bonus.

To be honest, I never minded much in AoE1 campaigns when a civ wasn’t in the game, so they chose something else to represent them. I find it kind of interesting to see what they picked.

2 Likes

They could have something for chariot archers in the Bronze Age, after all chariots were used before horses were bred to be strong enough to carry a rider, the Indo Europeans (who originated in the steppe, modern day Ukraine and southern Russia) had the decisive advantage of chariots over settled peoples.

I’m a little bit more annoyed about that because they picked completely random civs as a placeholder for the Gauls in Caesar’s campaign. Needless to say, the Gauls are on the very top of my list of civs to add, in large part for personal bias :upside_down_face:

I just watch the movie and it was great.

For me (based only on the movie) is the level of stupidity in thinking… I killed your Husband and Son while on a peaceful visit, so now you have to give me your soldiers to fight for me and you have to marry me and be one of my multiple wives…

I Don’t think that worked very well for them…lol.

I haven’t seen this movie, but I assume Tomyris’ husband started raiding Persia and got his raiding party crushed. Nomads usually were a nuisance at the border of settled empires.

Such offer would make sense for Cyrus, he unified most of Mesopotamia somewhat peacefully (go with me, you know from the geography there will be an overlord anyway, and I’ll be gentler than the Assyrians were), so he offered Tomyris the usual deal of becoming a tributary (*) stopping the hostilities here.

Tomyris however took a high risk gamble, and won.

(* the censor bot strikes again…)

The movie had a different version, but as you point out at the end she won.

FYI