Beta Sign Up Support

I read in community here that the first round of beta has already begun. The surveys that many of us filled in and submitted on or before the 17th of June would then be used for the 2nd through 4th rounds of beta I assume?
Another question that only the moderator may know revolves around the type of 1st beta. Is the first beta considered a ā€œfriends and familyā€ beta? Where normally the developers and their kit and kin do a quick look through before a further push to the regular Joes?

@DiveDive3726 said:
I read in community here that the first round of beta has already begun. The surveys that many of us filled in and submitted on or before the 17th of June would then be used for the 2nd through 4th rounds of beta I assume?

I dont think that the first round start.
Well the survey startet friday, Joe (Community Manager) have say we have time as sunday for the survey, i think its start today or tomorrow.

Iā€™ve done beta testing for World of Warcraft before - my first time getting accepted was for Wrath of the Lich King; I know thereā€™s a big difference between Microsoft and Blizzard, but what usually happened was it took about a week or two for invites to start getting sent out, and they did a new wave every two or three weeks afterā€¦ so, if that is a common trend, Iā€™d say if it hasnā€™t started already we can start seeing beta invites going out by the end of the month.

Given the arguably vague details of the strict NDA for this, we really wonā€™t know whatā€™s gonna happen although Iā€™d be very surprised if people couldnā€™t say that the beta started. Something that might be useful for the dev team here, and for those in beta testing, is the creation of a sub-forum that is only accessible by specific flagged accounts, in this case beta testers. I know itā€™s possible, Iā€™ve seen it before, so just throwing that out for the team here if they havenā€™t already considered it.

Someone has received the survey today or yesterday? Iā€™m waiting for it since saturday

@InferiorFox8065 said:
Someone has received the survey today or yesterday? Iā€™m waiting for it since saturday

Still waiting here as well, signed up around the same time as well.

@ManmadeGnu23432 said:

@Otani64 said:
I had to wait a few days for the survey but eventually got it. I enrolled the first day so maybe they are using FIFO to handle beta applications?

Maybe, but I signed in on June 16th and got the survey the next day. Even though the bread avatar looks mad, Iā€™m really happy on how theyā€™ve been working this out :smiley:

No complaints here. It went smooth: signup, badge and survey. :smile:

I registered again with my adress, but do not have the Badge and no survey

[FRENCH]

Bonjour,
Je suis super heureux de participer ƃ cette bƃĀŖta ! Jā€™ai validƃĀ© mon mail, et je nā€™ai toujours pas le BADGE INITIE.

Bonne journƃĀ©e

Im Sorry, I just joined as a beta tester. When you are gonna chooseā€™em? Thank you!

So when do surveys roll out? Iā€™m all signed up but still waiting for this surveyā€¦

@jecherz said:
So when do surveys roll out? Iā€™m all signed up but still waiting for this surveyā€¦

When have you sign up?
The survey startet since friday

@jecherz said:

Donā€™t worry if you didnā€™t get the first survey, that was just a first wave, and they will be sent out regularly!

The link did not work for me but when I got the email I copied and paste did the link into my browser and it finally went through

Received and completed my survey 10 minutes ago!!

Hello !
Yes Iā€™m all finishedā€¦tic tac tic tac, when the LETā€™S GO #AoE ? Snif !

GrƃĀ©gory

@Jennywaboom: What about those who can play on one more PC? (a surface and gamer notebook example)
I can suggest that your initial post should complement the lead times of the questionnaire and other processes.

Iā€™ve just completed the survey on my less powerful computer and uploaded the dxdiag. On reflection perhaps I should have used the more powerful PC to do the dxdiag? Is there any way to upload the more powerful dxdiag?

how to edit the email address in the forums.ageofempires.com? The page show the five years old, not used email address, This email address is not in the Microsoft Account and cant access the insider, but successful the confirmation with the currently used email address and complete the beta survey.

@nor said:
how to edit the email address in the forums.ageofempires.com? The page show the five years old, not used email address, This email address is not in the Microsoft Account and cant access the insider, but successful the confirmation with the currently used email address and complete the beta survey.

I try the process with the old email address ad now added the insider badgetā€¦ :smiley: but how to fix the new address?:slight_smile: (nee to wait the beta signup surv. again?

@HotHurricane said:
Iā€™ve just completed the survey on my less powerful computer and uploaded the dxdiag. On reflection perhaps I should have used the more powerful PC to do the dxdiag? Is there any way to upload the more powerful dxdiag?

You can register another account for example