Better hotkeys for UNIT SELECTION

I open this topic due to the lack of a vital hotkey in the game which is the one to select all VISIBLE military/Naval units. It’s kind of annoying that the only way to select all your units is only to select all military units (global), select all inactive military units and select all units on screen (both military, religious and economic). This last hotkey is kind of annoying because sometimes if you use it and there are villagers nearby they get selected too and I understand there are ways to deselect them but it would be so much better if it existed separately.

In Age2 there are hotkeys to select all military land/naval units, select all inactive land/naval units, and select all VISIBLE land/naval units. Therefore I would propose the following:

-Use the selection system as used in Age2 (hotkey to select all military land/naval units, select all inactive land/naval units, and select all VISIBLE land/naval units). Why handle it like this? Because this way you have much better control of the units that you want to select, making it much easier and more comfortable to select.

-Combine selecting land units with naval. This is much better than having the hot keys separately, since you would use the same key, only to select the naval units you would have to click twice and only one click for the land ones as you do in Age2. Therefore, you would have 3 hotkeys as mentioned in the first proposal (all units, inactive and visible)

-A new hotkey to select all religious units. I add this one because it is necessary for when you want to take all the monks to the battlefield, thus helping civilizations like HRE and Delhi.

In conclusion, I think that the hotkeys in AGE4 are good, as they were when the game came out, if there has been great progress and they are in a good state, however, adding the proposals (mainly the select hotkey all VISIBLE military land/naval units) that I mention I think it would be a great integration to have a better way to select the units.

Pd: when I mention all visible units, I mean all military/naval units on screen, not all units in global :wink:

1 Like