Big holes in Poles tech tree

I noticed it and corrected it.

1 Like

wrong
14-3 for armor = 11 damage *.33 = 3.63 damage
and that’s only vs archers.
against infantry with 0 armor baseline it would be 13-3 for 10 and then 3.33 damage. but that list isn’t that many units.
and the hussar lacks the final armor upgrade, so they die in 17 shots from arbs, compare that to a normal hussars 24 hits.

1 Like

So I said that give they the 3rd armor after making the trample damage down, my friend.

Those suggestions are a set.

And I think the bonusses of that civ together with lacking last armour are a set, too.

Why does the trample need to be nerfed? its an IMPERIAL age unique tech that applies to strictly one unit line, and is doing at best 4 damage of trample a swing. now go look at the Slavs unique tech and notice that its 5 damage. should that be nerfed too? should Logistica get nerfed as well?

1 Like

TBH I think winged hussar are kinda underwhealming.

Also cause trample damage on light cav is actually a huge waste. You don’t mass light cav for huge scale battles, it’s absurd.

eh, they get extra melee armor, which really helps in hussar wars.

in the late game it definitely happens.

You mass them for raids, not for battles in the lategame. And what influence has trample damage in raids? 0.

trash wars - very useful.

1 Like

Trash wars are usually dominated by halbs. Even with trample damage winged hussars won’t change that.
You make hussars to raid in the trash wars, not to fight cause they get shredded by halbs.

And what keeps the halbs alive from skirms? hussars. either way - i don’t think 33% trample is broken.

Infantry is slower and weaker than cavalry. Also, that Slav UT is more expensive. You may think that swordmen also get the benefit but actually it is more usually used for halb.

It is only for 1 castle unit which even have no bloodline. 11

That is just an opinion, if you regard that Poles is fine now, it is also okay.
I just feel that Pole may hard to struggle while it is behind and the opponent is an archer civ with halb since Poles has no 3rd armor of cavalry and archer.
If we give it 3rd cavalry armor, something should be nerf.

maybe - but swordsman benefit from it too, and that trample can ramp up very fast.

and still has more health then a cavalier despite that.

the civ has been out for a bloody day - we don’t have enough information yet to tell if they need buffs or nerfs.

btw giving them the 3rd armor ain’t going to do much against archers even - cavalier still get shredded by archers with even 3 armor upgrades (6 armor means 4 damage a shot, at 140 health they take 35 shots to kill, the paladin takes 60). meanwhile winged hussar would only go up to 25 shots to kill, which is still not that high.

Skirm kills a halb in 30 sec, Halb kills a hussar in 9 secs, Hussar kills a skirm in 9.5 secs.

That’s leading towards a big disbalance, making halbs the by far best trash units in lategame trashfights. Of course there is a sweetspot with maybe like 50 % halb, 35 % skirm and 15 % Hussar or whatever, but Halbs are clearly the best unit if it cames to only trash fighting other trash.

Agree. We need more time to make more accurate opinions.
Those suggestions I stated is from the games I watched in this day.
At least almost every player using Poles think -60% is broken.

3 Likes

and with trample those hussar are killing skirms faster aren’t they?
besides - you’re talking strictly just 1v1 for kill times. how often do you see skirms fire at an individual unit? they fire en mass. they also engage from range.

I think it’s just too cheap - 7 or 8 knights and it’s paid itself off.

1 Like

The key part is with trash you chose whatever holds the position best, that are the halbs cause they are just killed slower than all the other trash, even by their designated “counter-trash”.

well yeah, because their counter trash has a range advantage, so of course they are going to deal damage slower, it’s a balancing mechanism. but you’re whole time table doesn’t account for the fact that skirms are more microable.

I have to agree that poles not getting halbs is ridiculous. If we take a look at all the civs that don’t get halb tech you can clearly see that it doesn’t make any sense whatsoever:

Aztecs- have pikes with +8, also best monks in the game
Berbers- cheapest FU camels and spanish is the only civ that can get full trash tech tree
Italians- genoese crossbows and spanish is the only civ that can get full trash tech tree
Malians- camels +7 damage, extra pierce armor on infantry
Mongols- to prevent siege onager + halbs composition and make them more reliant on mangudai/hussar
Poles- ???
Saracens- mamelukes, camels with a ton of HP, and to prevent siege onager + halbs composition. also the argument about spanish
Turks- the civ is supposed to have the worst trash units in the game, FU camels kinda make up for it in some ways
Vikings- pikes +5 dmg vs cav and +20% hp

Whether cavaliers (that still cost gold) or winged hussars trade “okay-ish” against cav can’t be an argument. I do understand that the devs had ideas about making the obuch the supposed anticav unit, alongside simply outspamming them with even more heavy cav, but with poles lacking the final armor on both skirms and cavalry AND proper siege units they are bad against archers as well. If your enemy gets to a CA/huss comp you might as well alt f4.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter if you just can spam halbs fast enough the skirms can’t push cause their raw damage output is slower than you can replace the halbs. But you also add some skirms and hussars yourself to, whenever there is the chance, you try to jump on unprotected skirms with your hussars cause skirms get destroyed by them.

1 Like