Black screen when running Algirdas and Kestutis campaign (Dawn of the Dukes DLC)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.18071.0 (#83607) 0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

When I’m trying to open Algirdas and Kestutis campaign I can see the black screen and cursor. I can move the cursor, and switch to other apps with ALT+TAB but the game screen remains black, no matter how long I wait.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open E. Europe DLC map
  2. Click Algirdas and Kestutis campaign icon
  3. Black screen appears and nothing happens after that

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The campaign is opened.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Just a black screen, with nothing to show on the screenshot.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• no save game file attached, as the issue happens before the campaign starts

I am having that with all of the expansions. I hope that it will be fixed in the near future.

I have the same problem with all DLCs. I bought it on Microsoft Store and installed it on D: (not C:). it seems that the DLCs are installed in another folder than the main game (=windowsapps). Problem is you cant select installation on folder “windowsapps” for the DLCs and cant select the other path for the main game.

This is an issue we are already tracking.
######## could you try installing the game and the DLCs on the same drive?

1 Like

I’m coming here to conur here. I can’t load the DLC at all. I click on one and get a black screen. This is via the Windows store version on PC

they are both on D: but i cant install in the same folder. The installer doesnt let me. The main game is fixed to windowsapps and the DLC’s cant be installed on windowsapps (doesnt let me)

1 Like

The team is aware of it and is investigating this issue, sorry for the inconveniences.