Blackforest desync

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: build right before yesterday’s update
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store (both)
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Blackforest desyncs, with attached replay files from multiple players, pretty frequent.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. play BF
  2. hope no desyncs
  3. but desyncs

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

not desync

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Desync 1 (Upload files for free - desync1.rar - ufile.io)

Desync 2 Upload files for free - desync2.rar - ufile.io

Hello @thieftdp8498

Does it still happening in the new update?
Thanks for the report :slight_smile:

1 Like

if the desyncs were part of the patch fix then i’ll keep monitor it and keep you updated!

1 Like

@Felizon89 and @IkoKnight8151

a game today desync’ed in blackforest with attached replays from at least 4 players (hope it is enough).

also, I was told a while back, maybe around half a year ago that it was an added feature that you guys could get all the other replays from just 1 replay, was that feature reversed? a lot of times players are random people and hence we do not have access to a lot of replays…

1 Like

another game below

a single player crashed with mdmp file/save game, we restored then desync’d everyone right after.

1 Like

We are now tracking this issue, thank you for the files and all the info :slight_smile:

2 Likes

alright so this problem is back after 1+ year. blackforest has a high chance of desync not sure why, higher than some other maps at least like arabia, could be the trees/units generated on the map or some other reasons

@Felizon89 or @DerRichterrr can this be looked into? again its almost impossible to relay on random players over the internet to provide sync file and I think a feature should be implemented on the dev side to acquire those files automatically.

Hi ! We are aware of the issue and we’ve been investigating it since it appears.
Those sync files would really help us but we understand that it can be hard to reach to random people met in the game.

2 Likes