Blizzard Sets Precedent for Price of a Remaster

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@smitske said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:
All good points…they go too high and the only peeps willing to buy will be die hard fans of the original. Yet they need to at least make enough off it to keep the development interest active and the patches coming…

Even if they do that is not a garantee they kep supporting it.

Listen I am a firm believer in constructive criticism, but I have yet to find ONE positive post you have made about anything…it is getting old. I am of the mind to give them the chance to do what is right and to release a great game that several are eagerly looking forward to and THEN if they don’t…you can complain. Give negative Nancy a break…Please!

he has also firmly stated why that is his opinion or do you think people should just buy the game in rush and regret? also how did you get to this great game conclusion when looking into the history of remastered games?
also it should be max 20€

better be less than 20. But I think 15 is a FAIR and affordable price for both

@CoiledBenis said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@smitske said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:
All good points…they go too high and the only peeps willing to buy will be die hard fans of the original. Yet they need to at least make enough off it to keep the development interest active and the patches coming…

Listen I am a firm believer in constructive criticism, but I have yet to find ONE positive post you have made about anything…it is getting old. I am of the mind to give them the chance to do what is right and to release a great game that several are eagerly looking forward to and THEN if they don’t…you can complain. Give negative Nancy a break…Please!

he has also firmly stated why that is his opinion or do you think people should just buy the game in rush and regret? also how did you get to this great game conclusion when looking into the history of remastered games?

I don’t know that it will be a great game…no one does. I said I want to give them a CHANCE to release & design a great game, most of us wait until the product is actually available before negative feedback…??

Opinions are fine…we all have them…but when one states over and over they will not be buying or playing this game (because it is WIN 10, not steam, prior game disappointment), they dislike the devs, the platform and more…what is the purpose of hanging out that forum? lol I dislike Clash of Clans…so I don’t visit their forum and trash everything about that game.

Probably to get their feelings across.

I have Win10, thought Aoe2 HD was well supported and whatever the price it is I will buy it as this game defined my late teenage years and is my favourite of all time.

I don’t have a problem with peeps complaining however, though it does grate over time, as if the developers do read the posts, they might get a feeling of what peeps want to see.

I have to say I find the windows store really hard to search but I’m not too worried as I’ll just follow the buy now link on the website here.

I would like some sort of assurance that if we buy it from the windows store and it the turns up on steam the multiplayer community will be merged, but I appreciate this assurance is not going to come.

WIN 10 only is a bizarre decision. From my perspective every time a new total war is released I have to consider updating my graphics card (which is a bigger investment than a new OS) but I am an Rts fan Boi. Aoe 1 is still big in the ‘not west’ where updating OS could be relatively a much bigger deal. I think they have needlessly shot themselves in the foot here.

Going windows store only so they get a slice of valves action with Steam, I don’t have a massive problem with, but they would be better off making the store as accessible as Steam first before they use the lure of the greatest Rts of all time.

I think the Games Con thing will be AOE4, tempted to go to Cologne, but when I went to the Creative Assembly get together, in East London it was just full of baying male geeks who needed some deodorant :). To be honest I’m not anywhere near as excited about the possibility of AOE4 as ROR being remastered.

The only real redline for me on the remaster is the randomness of the maps and getting the flora and fauna right. The historic random map generator threw up some beautiful shaped maps and choke points and some real variety in the quality of starting position.

So far the Lions look good, the Eles look good, the fish look good. Not so sure on the gazelles (look like deer, but awaiting animation of them hopping). Haven’t seen the birds or gators yet.

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@CoiledBenis said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@smitske said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

I don’t know that it will be a great game…no one does. I said I want to give them a CHANCE to release & design a great game, most of us wait until the product is actually available before negative feedback…??

Opinions are fine…we all have them…but when one states over and over they will not be buying or playing this game (because it is WIN 10, not steam, prior game disappointment), they dislike the devs, the platform and more…what is the purpose of hanging out that forum? lol I dislike Clash of Clans…so I don’t visit their forum and trash everything about that game.

I have seen him only say that he will not pre order it. he is rather like me and will wait for the launch and evaluate the what the games is worth after week or so cant see nothing wrong with that. besides we are not giving them the chance to make this game its relatively irrelevant arguement

A couple of sites reckon the price is set at $20. I’m not sure how reliable the intel is