Boar bug - No food!

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: ######
  • Platform: Steam / Microsoft Store
  • Operating System: Windows 10 / Windows 7 / Mac / Linux
  • Gamertag:

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

:question: Describe the problem in detail (below). Please limit to one issue per thread.

After luring the boar, once killed it provides no food. This happened twice since the latest patch.

Here is a short clip to demonstrate:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=JCa7wlibhUo

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the steps to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE of the game where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a SCREENSHOT, VIDEO, DXDIAG .TXT FILE, or CRASH/GAME LOGS (if relevant).

It looks like the killing blow was dealt by your TC, instead of the villagers.

If a town center, or any military unit, deals the killing blow to an animal, it will have no food. A villager must deal the finishing blow in order for it to have food; this is intended – when military units kill animals, they “lame” it and make it impossible to gather food from.

1 Like

So the TC reacts to it as an enemy and shoots it if a vil is garrisoned? I don’t always garrison when luring, but see others do it so I thought, why not? I guess the vil must be released before it dies.

The TC only shoots the boar if you ever right clicked the boar when you have the TC selected. Otherwise, the TC will not fire; the boar is treated as neutral.

So instead of right clicking, try to click the “Set gather point” button (or hotkey), and left click the boar.

2 Likes

The last shot needs to be dealt by a villager.

1 Like

Ok thanks, scrap this thread. I’m still a noob!

2 Likes