Boars or elephants don't provide food after shooting

Welp, I think the devs already choose option 2. They released an early version of last patch note then whithdrawn it before posting it back. The only change is that they removed the passage where they said keeping the military hunting was “open to discussion” According to Reddit it’s because they got in touch with pros who deemed it unbalanced.

1 Like

Give link to that Reddit source.
Also I think, that this game should not only be built according to preferences of pros, but instead everyone’s preferences should be considered.

Anyways, if it is decided that animals killed by TC/military will not keep food then game should teach players not to kill animals with TC/military to avoid new players falling into that pitfall without even understanding what went wrong.

EDIT: Nevermind, it is mentioned in hotfix Reddit topic - “Animals killed by military units allow the animals to be gathered for food. (This is unintended, but is open to feedback.)”.
Later it was changed in patch notes to - “Animals killed by military units allow the animals to be gathered for food. This is not intended.”

So instead of being open to feedback from community, they decided to ask from couple of pros what do they think of this, got negative answer and then shut their ears to feedback from everyone else in community by changing feature description to clearly negative form? I am disappointed by this behavior :-1:.

Even in that Reddit topic some people supported animals keeping food when killed by military/TC and had quite a strongly positive upvote score. Are all those opinions just gonna get ignored?

“i’ve always wondered what happened to the animals killed by archers/knights etc. do they become poisonous and not eatable anymore?”
“Can’t count the times I accidentally killed my boar with my TC”
“The worst is when you fire at an enemy scout and kill two of your own sheep”
“I like the animal kill glitch. It makes laming less potent and also makes it be more consistent with what you’d expect instead of magically removing all the food”

I understand that you would like to give its chance to this “feature” and that many more people do as well, but sometimes letting people vote isn’t the best way. For instance you can easily find as many casual players that think that Kipchaks are still too strong than players that are 100% percent convinced that they are nerfed to death.

This one is interesting. As far as I know there are 3 ways to lame:
using your scout to lure the boar to your base (not affected by the bug, scout loses to boar)
walling a villager in and using him to kill the boar safely (no change as well)
killing deers with militia during a rush. While technically it’s affected, welp, dropping your strat to spend 100 wood for a mill in a zone with enemy military sounds pretty unsafe.

I would like 50% loss of food if killed by military/TC, but not 100% loss. There should still be some impact on food supply if killed by military/TC so you can hurt enemy’s food supply. Keeping 100% of the food there is not in keeping with AoE2 tradition

I’ve just noticed this thing (killing with TC retains food) on a stream and I was wondering if it was a bug or what, so I tested and it seems to work like that. And this is the only topic talking about this… Does anyone know if this is going to be changed? I am thinking if I should or not get used to this feature, because it really is a game changer.

Definitely a bug! Definitely has a fix in the works! Best not to integrate it into your battlefield tactics too quickly! :wink:

1 Like

I suggest you and developers actually pay attention to feedback from community before deciding, whether something is bug or not.

Poll currently has 53%-47% split on votes, so it appears, that community can’t decide yet which way is best for the game. So it would be good if more discussion and thought would be put towards this feature, before decision is made.

It would be rude to just ignore opinion of people who prefer this feature.

Mate that poll is dead, 14 days and 16 votes, thats not the community. I would let the pro players decide, I guess they already did on their discord channel.

I think, that this game should be developed for whole community, not just the pros. It is not only balance, but also QOL issue. But yeah, would have liked to see more votes in that poll :slightly_frowning_face:
Developers should ask about these kind of things in surveys to get opinions from as many players as possible.