With the release of the new DLC and the arrival of the Bohemians and Poles, in my opinion some civilizations are being left out, simply because the new bonuses are improvements of the previous ones that were in the game.
Starting with the bohemians, civilization of monks and gunpowder just like the Spanish.
- Specialty: Monks and Gunpowder units
- Unique units: Hussite Wagon, Houfnice
- Wagenburg Tactics (Gunpowder units move 15% faster)
- Hussite Reforms (Monks and Monastery upgrades have their gold cost replaced by food)
- Wonder: Powder Tower of Prague
- Blacksmiths, Monasteries and Universities cost -100 wood.
- Chemistry and Hand Cannoneer available in the Castle Age.
- The Spearman line deals +25% bonus damage.
- Fervor and Sanctity affect Villagers.
- Mining Camp technologies free.
- Team bonus: Markets work 80% faster.
- Specialty: Monks and gunpowder units
- Unique units:
- Inquisition (conversion rate improved)
- Supremacy (increased attack, armor, and HP for Villagers)
- Wonder: Torre del Oro
- Builders work 30% faster (20% for Wonders).
- Blacksmith upgrades cost no gold.
- Cannon Galleons have better accuracy and faster cannonballs.
- Gunpowder units (except Conquistadors) fire 18% faster.
- Team bonus: Trade units generate +25% gold.
I´m not gonna talk about the unique units because obviously Hussite Wagon, Houfnice are op.
The first unique technology for Bohemians provides 15% more mov speed for gunpowder, which is a pretty good bonus compared to the inquisition (conversion rate improved). The spanish UT reminds me of the old Huns one, bassically to fill a space. If the Spanish did not have the UT of the age of the castles, nobody would even notice. The second UT for spanish (supremacy) which is very underated but compared to the bohemians fervor and sanctity 15% mov speed and +15 hitpoints (available in castle age xd, or you can just wait to imperial age to research them for 140 and 120 food). This is just ridiculous, it combines berber civ bonus and a weaker but still pretty good version of supremacy that also works as eco bonus and affects monks ;-; and you dont even need a castle.
Now lets move onto the Spanish civ bonuses. Blacksmith upgrades cost no gold compared to the bohemians -100 wood on blacksmiths monasteries and universities. Basically as spanish you reach castle age and start building a blacksmith to get the civ bonus while the bohemian player has 1 blacksmith, 1 monastery and 1 university for 50 more wood. Next we have the cannon galleon bonus which is a lategame bonus only available in water maps while with bohemians you have access to chemistry and hand cannons in the castle age. So with Spanish and Turks you need to build a 650 stone castle to get a powerful gunpowder unit which takes time to produce while with bohemians you can train a 40 hp hand cannon with -1 less range than the jany and +5 more hp from an archery range.ok
The Spearman line deals +25% bonus damage. - so you can kill a scout with 2 hits. This is probably a civ bonus made to counter the caphracts (jk). I wanna see a fight betwen a sicilian scout and this.
Mining Camp technologies free - Bohemians not only have a better military but also ridiculous eco bonus.
The poles are pretty balanced but the castle UT needs a nerf its an op version of portuguese -20% gold and berber 15% cheap cav. The stone-gold rate also needs to be decreased from 2 to1 - 3 to1 and dont make the exchange instant, it feels like khmer farms but with stone mines.
Thats all lads