These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: 101.101.46295.0 6421374
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
When using Box Select to select a group of units, if the pointer is over an object’s hitbox (farm, tree, lumber camp, etc) on mouse release, the game will select the object and not select the desired units as expected.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
For frequency within a match, see: Twitch
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Place units in area with selectable objects/buildings.
- Use Box Select to select a group of units, ending the selection with the mouse over a selectable object.
- Observe units not being selected and game’s selection of object the pointer was over.
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The units were expected to be selected, regardless of what in-game selectable object the mouse pointer is over on mouse release.
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
New Users aren’t allowed to upload files??
This issue appears to be a duplicate; hard to tell:
Title is [Units constantly deselecting while I’m selecting them]