Bring Back Hidden LOS!

If you want to see hidden LOS returned please post here! This was a big mistake and is going to make the game less fun.

4 Likes

Why? (20 characters)

1 Like

Why not? whats wrong with the LOS?

There is no point in seeing your ally from the start. Building a Market and getting Cartagrophy was a Choice the player had to make. A resource choice.

5 Likes

Now everyone gets it for free. Whats the point other than to copy AOE4.

2 Likes

The point is to give a team of people that don’t use discord/teamspeak better chances against those who do. This single feature is by far the best change for team games since launch imo.

22 Likes

You can literally turn off the feature if you want to (not that turning it off is a good idea at all).

Can you turn it off in ranked?

Probably, I don’t know. Regardless, there is no reason not to play with shared LOS. It is a much better feature than having to pay resources to see what your ally is doing.

4 Likes

I think we should all chill out for a couple of weeks or a month. Get a good feel for how things are different and whether you like it or not. Then we can argue about what is better.

2 Likes

haha whats next? should we remove queue commands?

good idea to make the game go backwards

2 Likes

Can we just disable it for nomad?

Best solution I’ve found to orient yourself on nomad is:
Watch the Minimap, click idle villagers button 3 times and see where your screen jumps to, then you can start moving your villagers.

1 Like

A good middle ground I think would be LOS shared automatically in Feudal Age. No market needed.
That way there’s no resource investment.

6 Likes

This is the best change that de devs made. Now we can invest some res to early agression.

1 Like

Maybe they should make it so “cartography is researched” automatically when you have a town center in dark age
So you only get your ally vision when you build a TC in nomad

6 Likes

You can’t be serious about that 11

The change is meant to bridge a bit the gap between team players that are on voice chat with their team and 2 people to don’t know each other

4 Likes

This is a huge improvement. Sometimes in team games you get matched with people who speak a different language and chat communication is not possible. Or people would span the notification button before people had a market

4 Likes

Some players, regardless of ELO, are unclear when communicating through type and signal. It only gets murkier as they take out their frustration on those who should have understood, if only…

Anything that can succor in rectifying this is appreciated.

2 Likes

I agree it should go back to being hidden. The choice of when to build a market was a fundamental mechanic of multiplayer games. All arena build orders for every single civ are now broken and have to be rethought from scratch. This isn’t a quality of life change, it’s the removal of a core game mechanic.

2 Likes