BRING INCAS IDENTITY BACK

It is viable if you do it well and the maps favours you, just like any other strat. The problem is that almost anyone could do it with big success rate, even making many mistakes…

1 Like

Disagree. I dont tower rush very often, but I love to play against a tower rush. No one picks it nowadays as strat. Even defending against the incans trush wasnt hard (before the nerf). So there wasnt really a reason to nerf the incan trush.

2 Likes

no thanks

a civ needs to have powerful options for proper RM gameplay
having a civ only be useful on 1v1 socotra/arabia and useless everywhere else is bad design

the random-civ players are the ones who have to deal with all these gimmick civs that have no power

if you can delete incas from the ‘random civ’ pool for teamgames, then sure give them an identity based on completely useless strengths. but until that happens, they need to have power in important areas, not gimmicks

That’s actually true. If you can hit 2 important ressources at once orpush an enemy totally from one ressource with a tower rush it can still be a very useful strat.

The difference is, that you now have to play the map, get intel etc. all these things, whilst with the incan rush you could basically just rush and as long as you don’t lose a vill it would only cost you the walking time + bs upgrades even if the opponent reacts properly. And that’s a huge difference to the standard tower rush which gets usually punished very hard if defended well.

1 Like

hmm now we have a civ that’s useless everywhere. yay! (exaggeration, incas can still be useful of course, but relatively to their former self, it’s eh…)

But the Incas towers were useful also in team games, 2v2, 4v4 included. At least we used to have a person dedicated to such strategy in team games. Of course trush is still possible, and persian douche still possible for team games as meta-breaker.

1 Like

I really hate killing the variety in the game, making all civs just m@a into stupid archers or scouts into stupid knights make the game so boring with only 2 main strats. The devs didn’t only kill Incas, they even removed Celts’s infantry speed in dark and remove Koreans identity before that too, I even think they will remove the Persian douche in the future and they nerfed it by removing the Persian’tc work rate in dark age. I bet they will nerf Saracens market too. But I have some talk about Incas. Incas are really special case, their trush was not a normal thing to deal with at all, and unlike other Yolo strats, Incas player will not take that much damage or risk even by sending 10 vills forward because actually he was sending 10 M@A with tanky upgrades, and his vills in his base are very hard to raid with their armors, so it is just seems more than unfair play rather than being all-in or yolo strat, however, I was never agree to remove it completely like this, maybe just keep the attack upgrade available in feudal but remove the armor, at least this will give player a chance to counter it better.

2 Likes

That’s kind of dumb, why would you be afraid of randoming Incas but have no issue with randoming Franks as flank or Aztec as pocket, or Cuman on a water map.

false equivalence

cuman being useless in 5% of situations is different from inca being useles in 100% of situations

and franks can still make decent units and contribute to the game in ways that incas can’t

1 Like

aren’t you a bit melodramatic?
Incas have nice options even without that bonus.
Solid eco, hard to raid once in castle age, interesting lines including the elite kamayuk that is honestly fu one of the best lategame units in the game.
And incas have answers to basically everything what could possibly be a threat for the kamayuk.

The civ is far away from being useless.

7 Likes

no

i actually play teamgames instead of regurgitating the same 1v1-only talking points where everyone points out how nice their options are (even if all the options are useless)

1 Like

You play team games with them and don’t even use the kamayuk? wtf

5 Likes

Well first having fully upgraded arbs makes Incas clearly better as a flank than many other civs and especially Franks. Second the whole point of the Incas is to be about counters, so like the Byzantine they will never be strong enough for tryhard team game players (despite not being useless) since team games are more about having specialized civs that cover each other rather than versatile civs. And lastly I don’t get how “all the options are useless” Even if we set aside the UUs, why would fully upgraded arbs, champions, halberdiers, siege ram, heavy scorpion + access to eagle warriors become useless just because it’s the Incas?

8 Likes

your allies are dead before those slow and weak units ever get anywhere. they aren’t strong enough to win 1v2

civs need good eco or good units. incas have neither

1 Like

Seems like you dont like the strat. That is no reason for a nerf. If i dont like a drush, then that is also no reason for deleting militia front the game.

2 Likes

I don’t think you’ll see that happen very often. Incas were more or less picked as a meta-breaker civ.

At lower elos, cavalry civs (specially franks) are very, very meta, so kamayuks are very, very anti-meta there.

Unfortunately, lower elo inca players focused in trushes 11

mm you do not need to be low elo to see the point of a trush. I can show you plenty of high level examples of it. It is a valid team strategy to disrupt your opponent early on to break up the standard meta play.

And this was the problem.
A noob-basher Strat that was pumped to an actually viable strat for a civ at the highest level of play.
I’ve seen several pros just making occasional inca rushes without even scouting the enemy, not even trying to find a good spot.

I’m so glad that strat is gone now. It will lead to more new players sticking to the game and not get tiltet by that toxic strat.

1 Like

There was nothing noob bashing about the strat. There are much faster way to get noobs to gg than a tower rush

The strat just got nerfed because some people always qq about anything that breaks up the otherwise stale meta.

even pros are saying the strategy was too strong and their win rates during the early game is outside the balanced region - complain all you want but the nerf was justified. they should absolutely get some small compensation elsewhere though.