British late-game

What if rockets were trainable at artillery foundries? This could be via an industrial age politician or card.

wouldn’t help anything. what makes rockets useable is them being sent from HC for free infinitely.

Britain still would train them WAY too slow.

Being able to train them in batches of 5 would fix the problem imo. I’d say it would be borderline OP.

training in batches means very little if it takes a minute to train them.

rockets really aren’t that amazing, they are good but they dont replace anti inf art, culvs or morts.

being able to train rockets doesn’t fundamentally fix britains problem which is that in general they cant get art out fast enough and that they have no other way of dealing well with infantry.

I still dont get how lbs are considered good, they have 1 card upgrade, a few arsenal (consedering you go aa) and they have ■■■■ everything, they might be good if you can macro but in big fight you will need to macro 100 things especially to protect the lbs

their base dmg is very high compared to other infantry, even compared to musketeers. you dont need to micro them, you just need to protect them.

They’re worse than yumi, low rate of fire and do less dmg than musk so how are they good?

you are misunderstanding the numbers, they are far better than yumis since the fire twice as fast.

I always thought it was strange that Rockets have a the same AoE than Heavy Cannons despite shooting explosives.
Shouldn’t they have less damage but higher AoE? That would make them more unique and better against mass Skirmishers.

1 Like

Rockets seem to be actually worse against infantry than heavy cannons (lower damage & same AOE). Their only advantages are slightly faster firing rate and being easier to amass.

They should at least get (1) larger AOE or (2) higher damage against infantry.

If you read the stats, lbs are actually quite strong stat-wise (their firing rate is actually higher with 1.5). Their major disadvantage being the 3-second “aiming animation” (which is actually not showed in the stats)

I think Rockets should have the highest AoE of all artillery because of the kind of ammunition they use.
This would make them distinct and interesting.

Rockets fire faster though, so in the time a HC reloads, the rocket already fired the 2nd shot.
Rockets are fine. The issue is their hard accessibility, hence why they should be available to build without the factory. Basically 1 of the 2 unique British units are very hard to get, which is is very different than the other civilizations.

ROF 5 vs 6 is imo not a huge advantage. Their higher base damage also makes them good against other artillery, but still not so good against infantry because of lack of bonuses.