Broken Triggers in RMS

empire wars triggers not working.age3Yrec (2.1 MB) ### :arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION
:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 23511
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Some triggers are no longer working in RMS. The ones I’ve noticed specifically are “Player : SetAge” and “Set Tech Status” triggers no longer function in RMS - however it seems they function in the scenario editor.

This patch has rendered my Empire Wars custom map useless and I was very excited to add USA. :frowning:

I’m worried that if these issues don’t get fixed then triggers used in maps like orinoco/arctic territories and regicide - honshu might also become dysfunctional.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

*** 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)**

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Add trigger to a map or subscribe to my empire wars mod (no, this is not just a cheap plug) and try to take advantage of the custom triggers such as starting in age 2 or having certain techs activated.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

On this map, players are supposed to begin in age 2 and already have certain techs activated such as hunting dogs or certain age up bonuses, etc

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

As you can see in this picture I amd beginning in age 1 and I’m lacking the market techs hunting dogs and gangsaw. These techs are all supposed to be activated and this worked last patch (I can provide links to streams and videos of this map being played on in a tournament if need be).

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

3 Likes