Buff suggestions for Aztec and India in Treaty

He wants to replace dancing villagers with animals, but Aztecs already have warrior priests. I don’t see the need for animals in the community plaza too.

1 Like

Neither cost pop, then they are the same

With all cards and the Wise Woman max bonus, they end with +120% farming increase, while Europeans only have at max +50% (Food Silos, Sustainable Agriculture and Refrigeration. Aztecs have the 2 first of those).

Estate income is way smaller though, only having a +50%, while Europeans can have way better and have

usa in medieval KEKW

Its not only about increases though because those bonuses are based off the base values. Without upgrades German villagers have 1.31 food on a mill and with all cards its 1.68. Aztec have 1.08 food and a max of 1.52 with all cards. Gold gets even worse (1.55 vs 1.20). The bonuses are so high because their base is lower then European civs. And this is taking into account maxing the eco chief last for age up on Aztec.

You can have llamas and priestesses for Inca so you can have 15 and then 10 respectively to hit your cap. You spend no population on that. As Aztec you can have 10 priests but if you want to max out your plaza you are using 15 vils so your pop is down and your eco is down. So yes they are different if you are comparing llamas to warrior priests.

1 Like

Mills and farms/rice paddies have the same gather rate cause vills waste time walking on mills while they dont on farms.
An aztec player will have more food than any other civ in game with the same amount of villagers working. They havent that good score cause they need a lot of gold investment for temple cards an d military upgrades since you are going to have a 327pop army of all kind units whike their states are bad as hell.
I had propose that the 8vills-temple-card boost their base gather rate to 0.65, becoming equal to europeans.

1 Like

Priestesses cost 1 pop slot while warrior priest dont (like llamas). Llamas count as 0.5 dancers, priestess 1.5 and WP as 2. Incas reach 22/30 while aztecs get 20/35
If inca want max their plaza they have to take 25 pop slots and 15villagers, worse than aztecs. BUT they had to have kallankas to remove any aztec feature.

This is true, but you need to take into account that Aztecs villagers never move, so it’s why the gather rate on farms is slower than the one on mills.

You are right for coin income though, all Natives civs have low gather rates.

I’m not sure why you put your fractions like that but Aztec can get more efficient from just priests and villagers but Inca can get more efficient without the extra 15 villagers on the plaza. You can’t really underestimate the cost of losing 15 vils of production and another 15 vils of population.

Only not pop cost units:

• Aztecs: 20 (0 pop slots)
  • Incas: 22 (10pop slots)
    Max plaza:
  • Aztecs: 35 (only 15 pop slots and vills)
  • Inca: 30 (30 pop slots, 15vills)

Both civs spend the same amount of villagers maxing plazas and inca will lost that 10 pop slots anyways

Hey relax and chill, yes I have. And have played both so I cant tell they could use animals.

Yes thank you for giving detail info, but no they arent they same and you cant say they are only because they use 0 pop, when you are also saying their trickle is 1 to 3.

To further explain my comment: with Incas you can get either by shipment or building it yourself a farm (very early). Then train “llamas” and send them to the Plaza, create more villagers repeat, late game if you want to improve the trickle can change them (llamas to priests/villagers) or send another card to boost their trickle.

While with Aztecs you have to spend villagers, so make your numbers early game whos gonna get more resources…

I wouldnt mind exchange the free pop priest in exchange of a unique animal to boost early game economy, while keeping villagers bussy getting resources not being resources :V

Royal Green Jackets is an age 3 shipment which is vital when up against musk based civs like Otto, Japan, Swe, etc. It is similar to Counter Infantry Rifling for Euro civs.
Personally it is the 4th or 5th(or 3rd if no cav switch) card I send after 2 siege elephants, 9, 8 Zamburaks(if cav switch), 7urumi/RGJ cos I’d rather play aggressive with India.
I prefer this to the British East India Company(next card) to melt his musks with the +1 multiplier over heavy infantry.

PS, I also tend to have a tp halfway in age 2, so the shipment curve is quicker than expected.

Llamas are good cause they dont cost population and they dont work on other sites, same as warrior priest. As aztec you are going to have “free” 10WP ASAP, which are x8-4 better. If you full with llamas incas get 6.25 dancers or 12.5 with the card “in lategame” as you said. Aztec’s plaza is better in the both options with 20 dancers since early game. Also incas have spend 1700food while aztecs dont.
You cant compare priesteses with WP despite being humans for the reason that the first ones cost pop, mechanically they are like llamas, you get one at the beggining and replace villagers at dancing.
Incas dont train priestesses as fast as aztecs, that get 10 on colonial age while they can get 5 of them in age II and other 5 in age III (PUP).

They dont need villagers to train WP, they start with one, getting more with shipments, they can get 7 of them from HC on age II (PUP), reaching 8 very quickly (16dancers). Thats the reason they start with a plaza unlike other natives. Have you ever play as aztecs??

This is ABSOLUTE NEED FOR INDIA TREATY, as all the civs in the game have mortars , except India.

1 Like

In treaty you don’t really use cards that send priests. You do end up training them because you want your cards for unit upgrades or eco upgrades.

I know, but he was talking about using villagers to train WP on early game, nobody do that on treaty (neither on supremacy), saying that they will get more resources than an aztec player.

Thats not maxing plaza. And in that case you are spending 10pop slots for only 2 more dancers than a 10WP aztec plaza (0pop lost)

No I wasnt particularly speaking of using villagers to train warrior priests, also you cant asume that “nobody” does it, we would need a poll or something to mesure how many people has priests shipments with Aztecs and which dont use it.

What I was trying to say is: that with Incas you dont need to send villagers early or late cause you can fill it with llamas (even if their trickle is lower). So you do a combo: houses for food, villagers for wood, llamas to plaza, thus is easier for Inca civ to have a better eco from early (this cant be done since 1st age).

While with Aztecs you either need shipments or villagers, and either way eventually you will need villagers to fill the plaza. Maybe you are right and by trickle this evens llamas to priests or even the priests have the advantage, what I can say for sure is that I dont like the idea of not being able to hire priests as any other civs (no native american can), and depend on shipments when we could have other more usefull cards.

But we get off topic, so how we could improve them? as you commented earlier maybe gold gather or that its units costs less gold and more food as Incas?

We could boost their states’ base gather rate as I said before, this way they could get at least, the same lvl as europeans.
Other option is focus their units on food, like lakota ones