Buffs I want in the next patch

yeah again i was talking about having answers AND a top tier eco. it’s the combination of that that seems problematic.

they also have FU hussar and Siege Engeener BBC, and even their trash units aren’t bad at all with FU skirms, FU hussar and halbs missing just last armor, so it’s not like they are tied to gold

Sure, but their eles less so than any other civ. They also get passable champions for trash-busting. Honestly Bengalis are an extremely strong civ, I wouldn’t buff them in any way.

This is gonna be too strong, especially when you consider vs. matchups with civs that get bad spear/skirmline.

Also no. Then they’d be DPS clones of Dravidian EAs but with more armor/damage resistance.

Hindustanis are looking very stronk and may be in need of a minor nerf, but I haven’t interacted with them enough to hold this opinion very strongly, or have any suggestions about what to do.

I’d like to see Dravidians get Elite Battle elephant, then at least they might have some reason to make stables. They’d be squishy against ranged units, but Wootz steel would give them Khmer-esque damage. There’s no reason to make BEs at all in Castle unless you’re Khmer or Malay, and Dravidians just getting the Castle Age version is a joke.

I think HC are fine. If hindustani are wining a lot is mostly because of the prevalence of cav civs and the indian event so lots of people without the DLC are picking them.

Their eco is the same as before (without fish bonus). In feudal their scouts now kill walls faster. In castle age is whem most of the changes affect their winrate, and there are no hand cannoners by then…

3 Likes

Buff Gurjaras please.

So called Cav civ with NO CAVALRY (only camel wtf), NO INFANTRY (only 2hsword), NO ARBALESTs.

They have no answer to trash units. Srivamsha rider is totally a joke, why even put it in game if devs were going to make him so weak that noone non-delusional will even think of wasting that food and 20 gold. Other UU with discs do no damage to any high mele armor units.
Why so biased against northern indians devs?

The Chakram thrower is actually pretty good, once you build a mass, they start shredding stuff pretty fast.

But it’s not easy to build a mass, since they’re a castle unit, they’re really food intensive before the UT (65f) and with medium length training time compared to other infantries (15s).

Yes, something like 75 food 60 gold base cost, -4 cav archer armor instead of -7.

seems like they were designed to be a closed map civ, so it would be good if they got gunpowder units and the resistance/lower bonus damage.

I was thinking what if they got Shrivamsha scouts in feudal age with slightly lower speed and 6 base attack with the same level of dodge charge, instead of Camel scouts. Then they get upgraded to the castle age, get 8 attack, current speed, +10 hp and slighly higher dodge power 7 projectiles and the imp version gets like 10, +20 hp over the current version.
OR
Just change the dodge mechanic to be proportionate with net damage of projectiles. Like first 50 damage worth of projectiles.
The unit needs a rework. Just +1 p.armor or +10 hp won’t cut it.

Needs siege engineer, bombard canons, redemption and a couple of other monk techs if they are to be promoted as closed map civ. OR bloodlines, husbandry, cav armor if they are to be an aggressive open map civ.

My goodness. Its an extremely weak civ for 1v1 open, mediocre for 1v1 closed. Strong ONLY on closed map Team games.

Also wrong. They lack thumb ring, so would have lower DPS than Dravidians for more armor.

They’d need husbandry for team game EA play and either hussars or bombard canons for 1v1, more than Elite BE.

1 Like

I somewhat disagree with OPs proposed Bengalis buff, as right now its:
Bengalis: Most tanky Elephant archers
Dravidians: Best DPS Elephant Archers
Gurjaras: Tanky vs. melee but vulnerable vs. Ranged, also cheaper
which is a dynamic I would keep. I would rather instead of adding/improving civ bonusses/UTs buff the general unit. Maybe give the Elite version +1PA back.
The only civ bonus I would possibly improve is increasing the healing rate of medical corps a bit

Also elephants taking even less bonus damage makes Battle and Siege elephants too tanky maybe.

Dravidians seem just worse Ethiopians 1v1. 200w instead of 100f 100g. Ok.
Faster firing skirms (1v1 nobody would make EAs) vs faster firing archers.
Discounted barracks vs auto upgraded pikes. But then strong infantry that can’t raid vs shotels. Terribile slow cav vs terribile cav+camels, but with knights, hussars and husbandry. Terribile siege vs full siege with SE.
Team games are different with machine gun Elephant Archers, luckily.
I suppose hybrid/water maps are different too.

Bengalis seem also weak 1v1. No units for raids in castle age, somewhat slow economy until Castle Age, no cannons or camels. Elephants are really not suited for 1v1.
Lackluster infantry without HC. Deve have banked too hard on elephants imho, but they’re not viable 1v1

What about reducing bonus damage taken by eles from halbs to 48 and give Persian war eles -12 elephant armour?

Those faster firing skirms have made Dravidians one of my favorite civs to be honest. I love having them fire at about the same speed as archers, it feels so satisfying, and means I can easily mix the two troops.

1 Like

It’s a nice idea, but it creates issues with the other units that do bonus damage to war elephants. It might improve the interaction with spear units, but it will do wierd stuff with things like scorpions.

I think that would be fine actually. Scorpions getting another niche would be good imo

I see your point but the problem with elephants is that they’re heavily countered by Halbs. Their Battle Elephant needs some sort of buff as Bengalis were very famous for their Elephants. I also read somewhere that they used psychedelic mushrooms for their elephants so I was hoping for a faster elephant unit. But Khmer has that faster ele bonus, I just want my big bois to be good.

The changed Elephant Archers also dies very easily to Skirm.

One thing they could do is remove skirm bonus damage from Ratha in Melee mode, but that might seem OP to some.

No doubt they’re better than regular skirms, but it’s not like you couldn’t mix skims and archers before.
Honestly without cannons and any form of viable cavalry their gameplay is really restricted on land maps imho.
Vikings have terrible cavalry too (and also miss cannons like Dravidians), but they still have usable knights in castle age and much better economy.

1 Like

I would rather see changes to other units than elephants. Making elephants cheaper or buffing in other way could make them oppressive in team games.

Chakras thrower could counter spears, protecting elephants, though tweaks are needed, for example training time.

Same with Shrivamsa rider as a counter unit, I think the ideas are sound and smaller tweaks might be needed to make the tactic viable in 1v1.

I don’t agree with the Open map vs Closed map division, even though some civs are clearly better suited for some map types, it would be better for the game IMO, to focus in improving civilisations weaknesses making them less one sided, instead of doubling down on one strength. I want to see the player rather than the game and civ-choice to affect the outcome.

Bengalis don’t have Chakram Throwers. You bring Halb and Skirm into fight and Bengalis Die Hard.

1 Like

Yeah Bengalis are more difficult since they are very focused on elephants and unique units. Would prefer if they could play fast paced open 1v1 as well.

I want to see:

• Elephant Archer +1 pierce armor
  • Elephant Archer +50 HP
  • Elephant Archer’s cavalry archer armor is -2 again
  • Parthian Tactics gives Elephant Archers +4 attack instead of +2
  • Shrivamsha Rider +20 HP
  • Shrivamsha Rider +1 pierce armor
  • Shrivamsha Rider +2 damage vs archer armor class
  • Siege Elephant +10 cavalry armor
  • Bengalis receive Thumb Ring
  • Paiks don’t affect Elephant Archers anymore
  • Bengali Ships regenerate 15/20/25/30 HP in Dark/Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age
  • Gurjaras receive Parthian Tactics
  • Dravidians receive Parthian Tactics, Siege Engineers and Husbandry
  • Medical Corps effect tripled
2 Likes

Quite a lot of buffs for civilisations which even when new don’t seem to do too bad in the recent statistics.