[BUG] Flaring a location in Multiplayer causes game to hiccup/stall

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 448340
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Game often stalls for a few moments when placing a flare. Several times I’ve wondered if the game is about to crash due to an out-of-sync, so I frantically try to save the game while it tries to recover (just in case). Pretty sure it’s always recovered, though; thankfully.

I think It’s often on the first flare you do in a game, or if a long time has gone since your last flare. That’s been my feeling; I haven’t done any scientific studies on it.

It’s happened for a long time across several patches… like, a year or more. Maybe even since launch.

I’ve always thought that maybe the game is bogging down because two separate people are dropping what they’re doing to go look at the same part of the map at the same time (like jumping across the map individually at the same moment), or maybe the game thinks extra hard about your flare and what to do with it for some reason if you haven’t placed one for a while, but I don’t know

For me, the AI aren’t or shouldn’t be a factor. I mean, I flare locations for my human teammate – and in the chat preferences, I’m always only chatting to Allies. So, the enemy AIs shouldn’t be doing anything with it or using computational processing power for it (if they are), for example.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

Happens probably 85%+ of matches I play, imo. Maybe 100%, but I’m not positive.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a multi-player match for a while. In my case, it’s usually unranked private lobby, 2 human vs. 2 AI
  2. Several minutes in, place a flare and jump to that map location yourself; or jump to a map location first and then flare it. Note: I don’t think the bug discriminates on which team member actually makes the flare

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

I expect the game to not hiccup, stall, or stutter when placing a flare. Should be buttery smooth