Bug for RM + EW match-making (selecting 2v2 and 4v4 results in less bans)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Aoe2DE - after Update Number: 51737
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

The issue i´ve expierienced is, that if you play with a party of 2 people in the Ranked-matchmaking, and you want to play 2v2, you get 4 bans. If you select 4v4 aswell, you only get 2 bans. So far so good. If you now want to play empire wars too, you select 2v2 in EW and 2v2 + 4v4 in RM. Now, you should get 2 bans for RM and 4 bans for EW. But you only get 2 bans for both game modes. Is this intended? It has been this way even before DM was switched with EW. This can´t be intended, since it makes no sense (if you de-select 4v4 in RM, you get 4 bans in both modes).

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create a party of 2 players for Ranked matchmaking (altough it works for 1 or 3 players aswell, i imagine)
  2. Select “2v2 and 4v4” for RM and “2v2” for EW
  3. De-select “4v4” for RM and see what happens (you suddenly get 2 bans more for EW, although you didn´t change the setting for it)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

You should get the 4 bans for EW, if you select to play “2v2 EW” and you consist out of a party of 2. And you should, as it has been, have only 2 bans for RM, if you play with only 2 people.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

~here i was alone but it still shows 2 bans each and after enableing 4v4…

…i only have 1 ban each, even if i didnt change anything for EW.
Hope this illustrates the problem, even if i didn´t have a 2nd player (the principle is the same)

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

*nothing.

Hey @tyrannicking77
Thanks a lot for submitting this bug, we are now tracking this issue!

1 Like