[Bug] "Heal Object" trigger effect invalidates Modify Attribute

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 101.101.37906.0 5105673
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

The trigger effect "Heal Object" makes the target units unable to update their attributes using the "Modify Attribute" effect.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Create a trigger with the following effects

1. Damage Object (select unit/units in area of type)
  2. Heal Object (select unit/units in area of type)
  3. Modify Attribute (the unit type) (any attribute, say attack)

Result: the attribute is not modified.

If the “Heal Object” effect is removed, the attribute is correctly updated.

:arrow_forward: SCREENSHOTS

2 Likes

+1 rep, I can confirm this bug is a problem. I happened to run into it when making a MOBA-like scenario where the spawn point has a heal object in area looping trigger. A hero will always spawn and respawn at the spawn point, and even at full hp any attribute modifications do not work with heal object triggers. This bug has practically halted my work on the scenario and it needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

For the time being, If anyone has managed to find a workaround, please let me know. Thank you.

Thank you for the comment!

I did find a workaround (thanks to some old discussions on age of heaven), but it can not be used practically for healing often (like if one tries to simulate regeneration). And it breaks triggers connected to a specific unit.
Still for a health potion, let’s say, it is okay-ish in some cases.

Basically any “change object …” related trigger effects forces a unit to be detached from its ID in the database. “Modify attribute” uses this ID in order to perform changes.
Therefore a way to fix it is to replace the unit with another unit and then replace this unit back to the initial one, all in one trigger. This forces the game to generate a new unit of the desired type and the database is linked again.
The cool thing is that the unit does not get de-selected during this process.
The downside is that the unit loses its current orders and when it spawns back it takes a while and some clicking to make it effective again (it could stop attacking for example).
Also obviously, you lose the trigger connected to the unit.
This effect is so annoying that for now I have actually created some dummy invisible monks who heal my heroes on the spot.
It needs to be fixed in order to finally provide an effective healing system.

1 Like

The invisible monk workaround will work much better for my scenario, which already has a ton of modify attribute triggers attached to units. Thanks for the ideas! And yes, this bug needs to be fixed badly. Just curious, how did you make your monks invisible (AGE, 256 units on one tile, or something else)?

I use AGE3, which is already installed in the steam DE folder.
You can for example create a new unit and remove all the graphics, set movement speed to zero, remove line sight, make it unclickable(recyclable flag) and withour collision box, and give it a lot of hp/armor.
When you spawn it give it a attack move effect without any target, it will wake up the unit much faster and he almost immediately auto-heals the nearest available unit. In AGE, you can change the class of other units around (like making them class siege weapons) such that the dummy monk will not be able to auto heal let’s say friendly creeps around a hero.

Glad to help!

1 Like