Dear community, dear developers,
once again, I have discovered some things in AoE 4.
Already reported bugs and feedback:
○ The victory text “Sieg” is not centered in German (it should be a bit further to the right).
○ The LOD of the vegetation (trees, bushes, grasses, etc.) is not esthetic and looks distracting overall (on “High” graphics settings).
○ If two cutscenes follow directly after each other, and you hold down ESC during the first sequence, the pause menu pops up quickly and several times in a row with loud sound effects.
○ The AI feels dumb overall: friendly units don’t always react to nearby allies under attack. Friendly military units sometimes stop in the middle of the battle instead of moving forward. Ranged units prefer to shoot at nearby buildings instead of the much more dangerous enemies two meters further away.
○ Suggestions related to the AI:
It should be possible to choose between different AI behavior modes. For example “Normal”, “Aggressive”, “Defensive”, “Hold Position” (but in contrast to the current “Hold Position” very strict: no movement: even if you sent the units somewhere else … they stay in their mode at the new spot).
In addition, the player should be offered a patrol function for each military unit.
○ Some tutorial instructions that appear in the middle of the game should be able to be clicked away by the player (e.g. “do not show again”). They partially cover important information and buttons.
○ Some tutorial instructions appear again and again, even though you have already done what is being explained to you.
More AI troubles:
○ Own units do not automatically react to enemy fire while burning down a building.
○ Enemy units do not react to my long-range shots (they just freeze).
○ Cannons move across the map without human assistance. This just looks strange.